• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Real Estate sign skids?

I have a client that is needing 10 4'x4' signs attached to those "portable" skids. I just wondered if anyone here could give me an idea of an approximate "build time".
I have the cost for the lumber and hardware but I'm not quite sure how long it should take to put one together.
Thanks

T

TonyC

With a regular circular saw, speed square and a hammer I would guess about 15-18 minutes. A compound slide saw, cut the pieces all at once with a jig and a air nailer I would guess 8-10 minutes each.

phototec

No one can tell you How Long it will take, because we don't know your proficiency level, only you know you carpentry skill level and tools available to you.

Do you have panel saw?

Like previously posted, I have the proper professional tools to make those, I have many years of carpentry experience, and could knock those out rather quickly. I have NO idea how long it would take YOU!

Oh, and I don't use nails, only exterior grade screws, so they hold up to transport and weather.

Good luck with your project.

:smile:

I don't have a panel saw but I do have all the other tools needed. I was thinking about 15 minutes per skid was about right. My granny arms and brain might be a bit slower than you guys:smile: so I'll add a little time, but you gave me a basic start. I appreciate the help. Thanks!