• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Realistc Wavy Checker Flag

DRPSignsNGrafix

OK i need a realstic looking wavy checkered flag. It's what the customer wants. It's going on a Side of a F350 Print is a option. Some one steer me Please.

flisk

most royalty free sites should have something similar. Usually it will be a photo-realistic image. Something like stock.xchng or istockphoto.

Last edited:

DRPSignsNGrafix

Isn't there a disk out there, remember seeing it somewhere i think. Of Auto Art work. For sides of vehicles. He wants a realistc wavy flag start out small go bg down side of truck. Everything I try doesn't look good.

DRPSignsNGrafix

Actually customer was just here and liked one that fred has on a disk set. Now to see if can just get one file or do have to spring for the set........ FRED

synergy_jim

flag commmand

alien skin plug ins have a flag effect that you can take a flat checkered map and distort into a wave complete with highlights and shadows... Very realistic...

We can make one for you...

just my .02

JD

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Illustrator can do flags easily. Best part is, they are free!

This is the flag in question that DRP's customer liked. I don't think Illustrator can do it easily.

thumbnail.php

DRPSignsNGrafix

Well did not like a flag on the side of truck all that much. But this is better then what he did have picked out. Let me know about some changes. Thanks.

Attachments

• Kevin Bowmen Truck.jpg
    Kevin Bowmen Truck.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 173

DRPSignsNGrafix

U are right fred. It would take hours for me to recreate that. Yet i was able to go to your site pay 7.95 and got it in a min. Customer likes it. Time to collect cash.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think you would benefit from downsizing the graphic at least to the point that the entire checkered flag portion falls to the left of the rear wheel well.

DRPSignsNGrafix

I thought that too. But he liked the tips gong out and meeting up with his 4x4 thing. OH wait time to upsell. Put new 4x4 on quarter panel. That will work. LOL

Sparky

This is the flag in question that DRP's customer liked. I don't think Illustrator can do it easily.

You are so right Fred - I never looked around to see what he was after, so I just assumed that the flag could be created.

Props to you for providing a cost effective solution!