• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Really Big Plastic Letters

We got a request from a repeat customer that we recently did some building signage for. Their neighbor just got 5' tall letters for their sign and now our customer wants to do the same. The biggest that I've found so far is 4' tall. Anyone know where we can find such ridiculously large letters?
Thank in advance.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I think a lot of the places you found would do 5' letters, it would just be a special order. I am pretty sure Gemini can do it, depending on exactly what you are looking for. It would be worth it to reach out to the companies to see if they could do it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
What thickness? What material?
I'd say most places with a CNC wouldn't have much trouble cutting something like that if it is just routed letters.
I know we can cut anything up to 4'x8' here. You're going to be using a lot more material though going over 4' since you have to use the majority of a sheet for each letter.

Scotchbrite

No comment
4' is the tallest Gemini lists for formed plastic, but you can go all the way up to 6' in the flat cutout.

I wouldn't want to make plastic letters that large. They will be very heavy and pretty easy to break. Plus we're in a high wind area that sees hail. I'd also be worried about the expansion and contraction of such a large plastic letter. If I were asked to make these, I would probably use a fabricated aluminum letter or maybe a flat cut aluminum letter.