• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

REALLY need help with this

Vinylman

I have a box truck to letter, and the customers logo [see attached] has to be used as it is. They paid someone else to design this logo, and they LOVE IT!.

What can I do to make this box truck layout work better?

I have re-sized, moved position, and done everything I can think of, and it still SUCKS!

Can any pros here suggest how to make this layout work so I will not be embarrassed to say I did it?

Attachments

• LETTERING 2.jpg
    LETTERING 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 66

Letterbox Mike

-move the logo up a little, and remove the phone number from the logo (a phone number is NOT part of the logo, regardless of what your customer may say)
-do the "remodeling Plumbing additions" in one line with bullets between them, and reverse that out of a solid panel of red (maybe") that runs the whole width of the box
-do the phone number and website under the above line, in one line with maybe a bullet or some space between them, in the Times font (or whatever serifed font that is).
-give everything healthy breathing room

WB

Some times I've learned that you have to give the customer what they want even though you hate it. But I do think the bottom text is poorly laid out.. I like what Insignia suggested.

1 thing I may add is you can always add the ph# to the cab of the truck. not sure how that would look with a 10 digit #and that stupid mirror bracket though..

Mosh

Just strech the top part out and send them on the way...and tell them to not tell anyone who did it. I used to sweat stuff like this...but seriously, this is a bread and butter simple job, nothing you can do is going to get this in SignCraft....so just do it and get it out the door and then have a beer, or like like me 12....

wwpro

I'm not expert, but it ain't that bad.
Work it like an inverted pyramid, widest part on top and down from there, just smaller as you go.

Jillbeans

I'd try it like this (I think the truck is white but it's hard to tell in the pic)
May be a PITA to do the red stripe over those rivets.
Just put the website on the back where you have their logo.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 73

visual800

this layout is crap! and for Gods sake take off that damn bonded-insured-licensed crap all that does it take up space and it is worthless to have on there like LLC and PHONE

I would show them something different and make them see what crap this looks like obviously they have no better idea. Jill had an awesome suggestionn if it were to stay the same

Attachments

• signs101.jpg
    signs101.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 59

rcook99

Please nobody take offense to this. I am in no way trying to insult anyone but I think the phone number is to large. I feel that people only have a very very short time to read a vehicle logo. If you make the number close to the size of the logo it can confuse them into trying to remember the number instead of the company name which can be found on google. Just my .02

Again not trying to offend anyone just giving my thoughts.