• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Really weird computer glitch!!! Driving me crazy!!!

Graphics2u

Ok, I've got a compaq laptop(that's my first problem!) and this weekend i was using it and the program I was using exports reports it makes to MS Word. It's alway worked great! This time I'm getting error messages about "the server threw an exception" when it tries to export the file. close that box and another error says " RPC Server unavailable". So I then try to print from the first application rather than exporting it, and you know the litlle box that comes up and shows the number of pages that it is printing, Well it starts clicking of pages like crazy, like up to 125 or more for only a 2 page report. so I cancel it. Then I open up MS Word and try printing from there, the printer will start but doesn't print anything, it just feeds through the number of sheets of paper but the print head doesn't even move! Told you it was weird! So then I look at print preview and nothing is there, not even a blank page just the gray background. So then I try to print from Outlook Express and I get a Internet Explorer Script error that looks like this:

Line: 2011
Char: 1
Error: invalid argument
Code: 0
URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

Close that error box and this one pops up

Line: 2069
Error: object required

Close that one and this one pops up:

Line: 1673
Error: object required

I have searched all over the internet and found similar problems but none of the fixes suggested have changed anything. Then MS Word had to shut down due to an error. So I sent the error report to Microsft and the info told me I need to update my Office 2003. So I did. Nothing changed!

So then I thought something must have messed up bad so I was going to do a system restore to a p[oint where I knoew it was working fine. Did that but when computer restarts it say it could not restore to that point and that I need to try another restore point. So i Tried about 4! None of them would restore.

Scanned for viruses and found nothing.

Should I just throw this thing under my truck and fix it permanately or does anyone have a suggestion???????

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
if it's a compaq, go to hp.com and do a live support chat with a tech...i've done it in the past...doesn't cost anything...

Graphics2u

I think I might have figured it out! Switched my default printer and everything works! Switch back same problems. Must be a corrupt printer driver! I can't believe it would cause all the different thing happening!

Just another reason for me to hate HP!

choucove

We have a lot of similar strange errors occur similar to this with all of our different printers at the computer lab in the School of Engineering at KU. It usually is caused by a print driver error incompatibility, either with the software, the printer, or the document. Changing to a different printer might fix that for you as you said, as it would be operating with a different print driver and printer. You might just try finding some different drivers for your printer that is not working. In some cases, you have to roll back to a slightly older version to find one that works properly.