• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Realtor sign storage rates?

michsanford

We have a customer asking if we can store their real estate signs while not in use. We have the room, but have absolutely NO CLUE how much to charge.

Any suggestions on how we can figure this out?

Thanks,

2B

call a local you store it company, get their rates and go from there as you will be offering like services

security,
protection from weather
ease of access

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Find out what a mini-storage garage would cost in your area and go a few bucks under that.

Remember, it's a great advantage to you having their stuff in your place..... and they pay you for that.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
well, since they don't have room to store it, and for them to get storage, might be around 100 a month. (total guess.) so, you are storing items for at least a quarter of that price. since the space is way less that a 10'x8' space. i know that have smaller spaces like a 8'x5' at 50 bucks a month, so, i guess 12-19 bucks a month?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I store signs for many real estate compaines,I never charge for strorage fees.

We have several companies in which we store their signs at our shop. Six of them are paying us around $145 a month. That alone pays our heating bill each month with money left over towards mortgage, insurance and other incidentals. If we have 2 or 3 signs, no payment required, but some of them have some hefty merchandise in our facility.

We have one company that we set up their trade show display at the Valley Forge Convention Center every year on a particular Wednesday and we tear it all down the following Monday. We get around $4,500 to set up and take down and the rental per month is $245.00 a month. That's a $7,500 transaction in a year's time and we only work three days to get it. I'm looking for more of those guys.

TheSnowman

I store probably 20+ 4' X 4' signs each for two auctioneers in town. I don't charge them a dime because they're constantly cycling through them, and they are my two best customers. If I was just going to store them randomly and never do any work for the customer, then what others suggested, just charge just under what a storage locker would be.

ChicagoGraphics

Well I'm not storing any large displays if I was then I'd be charging.

Im talking flat signs and frames/post, it doesn't take up any room other then a shelf on my pallet racking. Like Kraigsnowden said, why charge when your getting all of there work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The answer is why not ??

Anyway, all of the customers paying rent here, are for 4' x 8's, 4' x 4's, posts and some sled stands. They each pay us I think it's $145 a month for this service. It used to be $115, but we went up January of 2012 and no one balked.

The guy with the trade show doesn't have any displays such as you're thinking. It's all 2' x 3' signs.... and lots of them, 2' x 2' signs, some boxes of paper, about 90 or 100 metal stands about 10' long and a few miscellaneous boxes of junk. This guy hosts a science show every year and we store the basics like way finding signs, sectional signs and lotsa signs with logos. We just drop them off. We're not union, so we can't erect anything on the floor, just unload our trucks on the floor.

Pat Whatley

I've probably got 30 4x8 signs in storage right now for various real estate companies in town and a stack of 4x4 posts for them. Takes up virtually no floor space. I love having them in the shop so when they want one installed all they have to do is call me and tell me where to put it. If they were storing them somewhere I'd have to set an appointment to meet someone so I could pick up a sign, wait around while they went back to find the keys, go install it, then do it all in reverse when the sign came down.

I don't charge them, it's a free service (for me and for them).