• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rear heater problem

studio10

When printing get marks mostly on dark area of print.
Marks are on the same spot where two platens of rear heater are connected. I use Oracal 3164, heaters are 40/40. Room temperature is 22.
Any solution. Thanks.

Last edited:

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
I had the same problem, I took off the front of the printer so I could get under there and level the heat elements out. It looks like the are misaligned in the picture the should be flush with one another. If you call mutoh they have some kind of fix with some sort of foil they put across the elements to distribute the heat evenly. I only read about that.....

Jackpine

Foil (used for ducts) tape ( NOT the cloth type) across the elements to distribute the heat more evenly.

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Bought the foil Tape from home depot.. Cost $3.00 worth $1,000,000.00. I ran the foil tape across the entire strip of heating elements. Prints look perfect.