• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reccomendations

JKADesigns

I did a quick search, but nothing answered my basic question. I bought a sign business that was stocked with almost entirely Scotchall 220 film. It also had Scotchall Marking film. That stuff was HORRIBLE.

I LOVE the Scotchall 220 vinyl film and looking at ordering from Sign Warehouse or Far From Normal. I can't seem to find the Scotchall 220 anywhere, and I just need to know WHICH modern vinyl would be the same quality and comparable to the Scotchall 220, and which ones they sell now that would be comparable to the Scotchall Marking film so I don't make a stupid mistake buying the wrong vinyl.

Thanks!!!!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The 220 ScotchCal line is 3M to specs of Gerber Scientific. You can get it from any Gerber distributor. There are three in Minnesota and one in Montana. A number of 3M Marking films also come through the Gerber channels.

JKADesigns

Thank you very much... that is the information I was looking for. Did not know it was still available. My material was about 5-10 years old and all undated. Didn't help that most of it is called Gerber 220 not Scotchal 220.

Thanks again.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Here is an update for you: Gerber 220 FACE FILM is identical to 3M 7100 and 7700 series films. 7100 is craft paper liner; 7700 is clear liner

DHUGS

220 Gerber/7175 FDC

FDC 7175 Series 3M matches up to Gerber 220, check out the specifications and color numbers. Plus, you save buying the 7175 Series.