Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Logo

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by Colin, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    Here's one just completed. The gentleman builds these really cool backyard structures. I made an attempt to create a graphic representing the structure, but it didn't work very well, so we arrived at this idea.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    nice looking logo.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Wouldn't it make more sense to make a caricature of a cabana than palm trees ??

What you have looks fine, but it doesn't seem to fit the need.

4. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    I really like it, maybe bringing the two words closer together would be a tweak I would suggest, but its clean and professional. Good work.

5. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    Most (if not all) cabana images don't look like or represent what he actually makes. I did one with a graphic which reflects what he makes, and he did like it, but this one won over.

He wanted a tropical/paradise sort of feel to it. We're going to be putting a full photo on the back of his business cards so that the customer really gets it.

6. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    the literal image of the product isn't what sells it, it's the mind's image of sitting in a tropical paradise that sells it so what you did makes sense as you created an image of a feeling rather than the actual product.

7. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Looks good. Kind of looks like the first C and last S are going to fall off. Maybe extend the green line below to the overall length, or Make the C & S descend and have the green line run between them.

8. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    If the customer wants the palm tree by all means give it to him.
    But you could also lose the tree and hang a little hammock between the words.
    With a sun over top.
    I would tighten up the coast and cabanas as has been suggested.
    I would also make that whole bottom portion (rule line and copy) as long as the name.
    I want one!
    Love....Jill

9. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Yeah, tighten up the spacing between the words.