• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent Paint Jobs

kstompaint

Chopper- I hurried to get the frame / rear fender combo & springer front end back to the builder so he could start final assembly. Now I just have to do the gas & oil tanks and some other small misc. parts.

The owner wanted "gold leaf & some new-school tattoo type stuff." He liked it.

The other stuff is a dash & window moldings from a 4-door 1932 Ford. They're metal painted to look like wood.

Attachments

• DSC01767.jpg
    DSC01767.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC01768.jpg
    DSC01768.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC01769.jpg
    DSC01769.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC01766.jpg
    DSC01766.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC01753.jpg
    DSC01753.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC01754.jpg
    DSC01754.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC01759.jpg
    DSC01759.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC01757.jpg
    DSC01757.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 117

Dan Antonelli

Nice work! I especially like the scroll work/striping on the black fender. Reminds me a little bit of some the work featured in Dick Bird's pinstriping book. I loved his style but could never quit master the tight scroll work he integrated. I was much more hard lined in style. But man when I was learning - all I did was practice scrollwork.

Makes me want to pick up a brush. It's been a while. Usually I do some quick panels in Atlantic City at the sign show.

kstompaint

What type of paint and clear did you use on the cycle?
I almost always use PPG base and clear. The base is DBC, the clear is JC620. The artwork is all DBC too, except the gold leaf of course. The orange is Chrysler Prowler Orange with a whole bunch of gold pearl added.

Jillbeans

Wow talk about eye candy.
That is like virtual visene....ahhhhh.
Thanks for sharing! Excellent work.
Love....Jill

Custom Bob

Always nice to see there's still others out there that still do work with a camel hair brush and a airbrush.
We're part of the dieing breed.
Nice, Nice work Kstom.