• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent UPS delivery problems.

Who is better, UPS or Fed/EX?

• Fed Ex is better.

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • UPS is better.

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • They are equal.

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters

StarSign

My UPS guys here are the best from the drivers to the hub, they always show up within the same 1/2 hour every day, if my regular guy is off he lets me know to watch for a sub driver. If I need a box early they take care of it. It does work both ways I must admit, I help my driver unload, I make sure anything I am sending is properly packed and the boxes have no other markings on them. I take care of them and they take care of me. FED EX shows up between noon and 5 different spot on the route every day

TwoNine

I cannot stand UPS. We have had problems time and time again with them...I'll never forget the two famous lines I've heard from their support. 1.) "Rest assured...." (used every 5 seconds to 'assure' me that all is well - when it clearly wasn't. ... and ... 2.) "Due to inclimate weather in Kentucky..." - Those were her two favorite, and probably ONLY, sayings she knew. Went something like this:

Me: Yeah - I was curious where my package is.
Her: Rest assured that due to inclimate weather we have delayed your package.
Me: What?
Her: Yes.
Me: Yes, WHAT?
Her: Inclimate weather in Kentucky.
Me: So my package won't be here today?
Her: Rest assured.
Me: Of WHAT!?!?
Her: Rest assured.

Ugh. I hate people sometimes! :)

My UPS guys here are the best from the drivers to the hub, they always show up within the same 1/2 hour every day, if my regular guy is off he lets me know to watch for a sub driver. If I need a box early they take care of it. It does work both ways I must admit, I help my driver unload, I make sure anything I am sending is properly packed and the boxes have no other markings on them. I take care of them and they take care of me. FED EX shows up between noon and 5 different spot on the route every day

My regular Fed/Ex and my UPS delivery guys are both great, and consistent. I too help them, shoot when UPS guys pulls up at 430 i'll often take the stuff out the door to him. My problem has been with outgoing items mostly in south-eastern PA being misdirected/misdelivered.

I don't have problems in other regions.

A nonsequitor .... could members of signs101 as a group unite and negotiate for better rates?

Could UPS have been hacked?

Could the problems with recent deliveries at UPS plus their computer system being down for hours today be caused by their having been hacked?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I got a roll of Clear vinyl in from my supplier in Maryland last week....sans box! The cardboard that the label was stuck on was taped with the label....to the roll. Needless to say I laughed at it...took the material in and called my supplier. They absolutely could not believe there was no box on the roll at all. UPS at their worst. They were out the material...we were out the printing day and had to get another roll overnighted to the following morning.
Also, we do a fair amount of flat box shipping...gatorfoams...etc. According to UPS's website, you have to have 275 Lb DW boxing...2 inches of bubble wrap to be sure the package arrives intact. Where does that leave space for their Size dimension limits??!! They make you inflate the box and then charge you well over $100 for a box that should only cost about $30-40 to ship anyway.
Fedex at least when you talk to someone there they have seemed more amicable to work out any issues with you concerning shipping costs and even allowed me a credit to remake a banner for a client then the reshipment as well.