• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent Work

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Nice work!

It's really nice to hear you're so busy. It seemed liked it was getting rough for you a while back.

This is proof that persistence and tenacity is what it takes in this (or any) business!

Jillbeans

Thank you.
Signs dried up July 1st or thereabouts. I've been getting about 1 job a week and had to get a new "real" job.
I did get one painted truck last month and that was a lot of fun.
Still hanging on by the skin of my teeth.
The hacks win.
:frustrated:

Attachments

• 29sign.jpg
    29sign.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 134
  • bp1.jpg
    bp1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 130
  • bp3.jpg
    bp3.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 133
  • cemnew.jpg
    cemnew.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 128
  • CHERISH.jpg
    CHERISH.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 122
  • connor2.jpg
    connor2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 142
  • cpj2.jpg
    cpj2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 135
  • donors.jpg
    donors.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 115
  • honours.jpg
    honours.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 132
  • spt4.jpg
    spt4.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 134
  • vfw1.jpg
    vfw1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 116

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Jill..... a quick question for ya.

I know these are hand-painted and you're not using 1-Shot anymore, due to their paint turning into snot. So, what kind of life expectancy are you realistically giving your customers ?? You know like reds, greens and some other fast fading colors. For the most part we're still using the lead-based paints, so I can tell them up to 20 years without a problem. Just curious. :thankyou:

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Thank you.
Signs dried up July 1st or thereabouts. I've been getting about 1 job a week and had to get a new "real" job.
I did get one painted truck last month and that was a lot of fun.
Still hanging on by the skin of my teeth.
The hacks win.
:frustrated:

Ahhh shoot. I thought the thread was from the last few days. These 6 month old revived threads always get me! Either way, the work is good!

Jillbeans

I mainly use Ronan, I tell them 5-7 years. But really, as a painted sign ages, it acquires a whole new cool look.
Can't say that about vinyl.
Gino, do you still have the 1980s 1S?
Also, I've heard that 1S is going to be reformulated.
I plan on gradually switching over to Nova, the water-based paint I tried at the Walldog meet in Kewanee.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I mainly use Ronan, I tell them 5-7 years. But really, as a painted sign ages, it acquires a whole new cool look.
Can't say that about vinyl.
Gino, do you still have the 1980s 1S?
Also, I've heard that 1S is going to be reformulated.
I plan on gradually switching over to Nova, the water-based paint I tried at the Walldog meet in Kewanee.

I don't think it's from the 80's, but the 90's yes.... and maybe into very early 2001 or so. A supplier around my parts was going out of business and made the announcement, so I went to him, showed him cash and he sold me every case and can he had. I got it for pennies. He just wanted cash and as much as he could get. A year or so later, a girl came by the shop and asked if I wanted to buy her Dad's old sign supplies. I asked what do you have and she said paint cans, brushes, packets with foil in them. Asked her what she wanted. $250.00 total..... or if you take everything at once..... $200. I just wanna know it goes to good use in my Dad's memory.

I gave her $200. Her husband the next day brought over so much gold leaf, roll gold and patch..... that was the foil she was talking about. Then, about 30 cases of 1-Shot in quarts and some pints. Also about another 15 or 20 cases of 1 Shot Poster Paint.

We probably have more lead in our shop than a car battery warehouse.

As for 1-Shot being re-invented. I doubt I'll need any for a lo-o-o-ng time. :rolleyes:

That Nova paint. How well does it cover ?? Let's say you have a dark green painted background and want to letter yellow or red over top. Will it cover in one stroke or do you have to second coat it ??

I know white, tans, oranges and many other colors can be doctored to cover in one shot, but some colors you just can't. Also, does the Nova stuff have like a bulletin line also for backgrounds ?? I'd rather ask you then believe the crap on their website.

jen.reelez

I have been busier then ever, mainly with painted work.
Also getting a lot of logo jobs, which is what I'd like to be doing exclusively as I get older.
In the past 6 weeks, I have completed a mural, a window painting, a ton of painted signs, and at least 5 logo-to-sign projects.
Also a smattering of boat and vehicle lettering (just vynull)
More on the way!
Love....Jill

Amazing, all looks great! The oscars in signs/lettering goes to you :Big Laugh

Jillbeans

Well, shucks!
:wink:
Thanks.
Getting ready to paint a few things for the World of Wheels charity auction today.

Gino, I have only ever used the Nova one time so I am no authority on the paint.
It takes a few coats to cover some colors, but the drying time is fast.
The colors are very vibrant.
You need the right brushes to hand-letter with it. But all in all, I thought it was an impressive paint.

ova

What's the date for W of W this year? We plan on coming up again.

Saw where a guy from Pittsbrgh won the Fast N Loud Trans Am. Thought he might have it at the show.

Dave

jen.reelez

Well, shucks!
:wink:
Thanks.
Getting ready to paint a few things for the World of Wheels charity auction today.

Gino, I have only ever used the Nova one time so I am no authority on the paint.
It takes a few coats to cover some colors, but the drying time is fast.
The colors are very vibrant.
You need the right brushes to hand-letter with it. But all in all, I thought it was an impressive paint.

Awesome :Big Laugh
A talent/gift/blessing so that you can be a blessing to others! :thumb:

:U Rock: