• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recognize this art?

adaminjville

I have a client that wants me to make him some tshirts using the attached art. He says he found it a long time ago on a stock art website...but doesn't remember where. I can't find it...does this look familiar to anybody?

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 121

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, with all the good threads being closed down over the weekend.

See, those weekend warriors ruin it every time. :clapping:

GP

Well, there you have it...

Signs 101 always seems to bring people together when in need.

ucmj22

just goes to show the sheistyness of a client sometimes and how you cant always blame the shop. although, due diligence will often result in a revelation of this type.

adaminjville

Not the first time....nor will it be the last.
There is so much stock art work like this that it is very easy for it to appear stock.

Flame

Cost you a few bucks but I'm sure you could get something very close. As indicated by Crystal, he just got a bunch of stock art and arranged it together. You can do the same. Buy some quality skulls, heraldry style artwork, some splatters and arrange them together (and throw in some red dots for the eyes). To draw this by hand would be VERY time consuming obviously, so just drop the $50-$60 on some decent stock stuff and go to town.

More than likely these were obtained off of either istock or shutterstock. The theme is popular with the Gomedia guys but that really doesn't look like their style so would bet it's not theirs (wouldn't hurt browsing if they have some stuff that's close though).

adaminjville

Cost you a few bucks but I'm sure you could get something very close. As indicated by Crystal, he just got a bunch of stock art and arranged it together. You can do the same. Buy some quality skulls, heraldry style artwork, some splatters and arrange them together (and throw in some red dots for the eyes). To draw this by hand would be VERY time consuming obviously, so just drop the $50-$60 on some decent stock stuff and go to town.

More than likely these were obtained off of either istock or shutterstock. The theme is popular with the Gomedia guys but that really doesn't look like their style so would bet it's not theirs (wouldn't hurt browsing if they have some stuff that's close though).

Yeah, I know...he wanted this design but we will probably move on to something very similar. Could even become a wrap job...so worked out in the end.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is really becoming interesting. One guy's working on a design that another guy is already doing for the same customer. Doesn't anyone get design fees anymore with initialed Okays ??