• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommend a plotter to me.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Summa, T series here. Must be 16-18 years old. Rebuilt twice. Runs probably three hours a day. Could not be happier.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Royster,

The S1 models are the previous version of the S Class(prior to S2). The S2 is the same build construction as the previous models, but includes several new connectivity features, as well as the color touch screen display.

Cutting speed, down force, tracking capability, etc. is the same on the S1 and S2 models.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
+2, until you step up to a $150k+ Zund, Summa is the best there is.

Agreed! Zund's are awesome, but they are not nearly as fast at kiss cutting as the Graphtec and Summas. We've had 2 graphtecs and have been pretty happy with them. So if you don't want a graphtec, then get a Summa. I'm not sure about the tracking on the Summas, but on 15" rolls, I can get about 10ft of straight tracking and then it starts going off. 30" rolls I can sometimes get it perfect for an entire roll. Ours is 8 years old now, so maybe they have gotten better.

tomence

Summa hands down.

Best OPUS ever. I have owned few other brands like Graphtec, VinylExpress, Roland and played little bit with a Mimaki, nothing can touch the Summa.

DrCAS

I thought my Allen Datagraph was an excellent cutter. Nver gave us many issues. Their tech support was good. Machine was well made.

Graphics2u

Most people would have more common sense and courtesy then to title a thread "recommend a plotter to me" hence the lack of results.

Your inability to use the search function properly doesn't justify you insulting a long time member for pointing out the obvious fact that you're lazy.

And despite your excuses, yes, this topic does come up EVERY week.

You've been here for 2 months and think that gives you the right to go off on someone who posted what I'm sure we were all thinking.

Nice work, "tiger". :thumb:

It seems to me that he is getting a lot of "Results" So evidently not everyone is tired of answering this question and thinks he's lazy. Why bother wasting your time replying to a thread that you feel is of no value? If someone wants to reply to an often asked question, what is it to you? Just move on to the next relevant thread in your opinion.

As for my plotter reccomendation, I've used a Mutoh for 8 years now. now for what I do which is alot of contour cutting of printed graphics it's incredibly easy to use. It's registration system is nearly foolproof, doesn't matter if you have the material in straight, crooked or upside down (ok, it does matter if it's upside down:smile:). There's no first mark you have to find, just load material and send the file. Their new one is called the Kona cutter.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...I also don't need some snide forum goon bombing into my thread and calling me lazy, which comes off as especially stupid since you've got a stack of seven or eight people on top of you who apparently thought I asked a reasonable question...

It ceased being your thread when you pressed 'Enter'. You post whatever it might please you to post. Others get to post whatever it might please them to post. Ponder that for as long as it might take for you to comprehend just what's happening here.

You have no control over what might happen in response to any drivel you might post. To attempt to exert this non-existent control, as you have artlessly attempted, is an exercise in futility and stupidity.

You asked for opinions, it's incumbent upon you to filter out any usable opinions that might exist in the spectrum of responses to your request. Commenting, or in your case having a tantrum, because you perceive that someone has not responded in a manner of which you approve merely makes you look more the fool.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Don't get a VinylExpress Q54. Ours is about to go back to SW. Display out again, contour cutting is crap.

Not pleased.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Bump

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have a couple 64" S Class T Series(S1 model) cutters still available with special pricing. These are the last two remaining S1's I have available. I have a couple demo/refurbished models as well.

Please PM or email me at philj@summa.us for pricing on the units.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@summa.us

tc2903

well, from another bitter old*****............you really need to learn to show some respect, but you are what you showed..
NOW.....i been cuttin since 1992.........have been exposed to most plotters on the planet.
my 1st purchase in 92, i was offered a GOOBER 4B,(fonts for this was $100 each then) and thank the gods i didnt buy it.
i passed on it and couple weeks later found a ROLAND PNC-1000. was 1 step ahead of the GOOBER..........as it cut 3 different sized of vinyl width, 15", 18" & 20". fonts usable was EVERY FONT TTF or ADOBE that COREL DRAW could see!!!!! YES, i cut directly from corel draw, NOTHING ELSE. so i was in phat font city!!! i ran this tank from 92-98 when i had become faster weeder then the roland could cut)))). i got a used PNC-1100 ROLAND. WOW... a full 24" cut, 35 ips now i was quick)))) worked so well when i set up my mobile sign shop, i bought another used PNC-1100!!!! never had a problem mechanically, never failed me. trackin........NOT THE BEST, but when i was doing a long cut( over 8 foot,very seldom)i would pre-feed the vinyl and then re-roll and cut, never a problem. had these 2 plotters from 2000-2006 and got a deal on a ROLAND CX-300!!!!! AWWWWWSOME MACHINE, and quiet, full 30" material and tracking was better then the 1100's. i cant say how satisfied i am with my ROLAND CAMM 1 PRO CX-300. its the last plotter i will own.
I just bought a used cx-300 too! Seems to work great in the testing phase. What software are you running with it? I was thinking of flexisign pro 8 because it comes with a used laptop that i am contemplating getting. thks!

FrankW

I just bought a used cx-300 too! Seems to work great in the testing phase. What software are you running with it? I was thinking of flexisign pro 8 because it comes with a used laptop that i am contemplating getting. thks!

Be shure that you not only get a flexi 8-installation, but the licence/dongle too. Regularly FlexiPRO is much more worth than a used laptop.