• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommend Adhesive vinyl for WALL GRAPHICS

tamathak1

I am looking for recommendation for wall installs for murals. I need recommendations for good quality material that is easy to install, reliable and whether or not you need laminate.
Client prefers matte finish.

What are your favorite stocks?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
it's largely going to depend on the surface of the wall, and how long it's going to be up. For heavily textured walls, we'll use cast vinyl, our go-to would be 3M IJ180. For smooth walls that will be removed in a few months or so, we'll use IJ40. Smooth and permanent we'll use IJ35C-20.
Generally use a Matte Lam. If you go with the cast vinyl, make sure your laminate is cast as well.
In any case - take some vinyl out and TEST it! stick some on a wall, and leave it for about a week, come back and check it. If it's possible.

zillion29

it's largely going to depend on the surface of the wall, and how long it's going to be up. For heavily textured walls, we'll use cast vinyl, our go-to would be 3M IJ180. For smooth walls that will be removed in a few months or so, we'll use IJ40. Smooth and permanent we'll use IJ35C-20.
Generally use a Matte Lam. If you go with the cast vinyl, make sure your laminate is cast as well.
In any case - take some vinyl out and TEST it! stick some on a wall, and leave it for about a week, come back and check it. If it's possible.
Can't emphasize that IJ40 caveat enough - that stuff is bulletproof on flat surfaces, but it'll fail soooooo fast around a curve or in a corner.