Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend equipment

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by steveo251, Feb 4, 2013.

1. steveo251

steveo251 Member

Hello all, we're new to the game and are in the market to purchase some equipment. Any suggestions for plotters, hemming equipment, welding... etc. We're looking at a Foster Evolution E2 Keencut, is this a good option or are there better? Our printer is a VUTEK QS 3200 - 120" wide. Also looking at Miller Weldmaster T300 - Whats a fair price used for this machine? THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVICE!!!

Tags:
  2. MrSalumi

MrSalumi Member

Oct 27, 2012
    earth
    summa plotter.. no other

ps hi from portland!

3. steveo251

steveo251 Member

Well hello there Portland!!
    Thanks for the advice, we'll check it out!
    How's things up north? My wife and I are coming up that way in a couple weeks, visit some friends and have dinner at the Portland City Grill.... JUST LOVE THAT PLACE!

4. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Miller Weldmaster

We have had our Miller Weldmaster T100 for 7 years. AWESOME WELDER! We used to tape all of our banners and now can't figure out how we ever did it without. I think we paid a little over $20,000, new.
    We have a seal cutter, which is a keencut before keencut. We used it every day! It is so much easier than a ruler and knife. Since we bought a Zund, we only use it a few times a week now though.
    Hope the new adventure goes well!

5. MrSalumi

MrSalumi Member

Oct 27, 2012
    earth
    Portland is great!! The view is nice at Portland City Grill but if you want to know where to get a phenomenal meal, PM me!!

6. steveo251

steveo251 Member

Thanks so much for the information .... we really appreciate it!!

7. steveo251

steveo251 Member

Hi again, I've received some recommendations on hardware, thank you!! Something else that would be helpful is if anybody can tell me a reputable dealer for used equipment, I've done a lot of searching on the web, but it's hard to know who you can trust.... Again, we're in Southern Oregon, so ideally they would be fairly close so we could go check things out if we wanted to.