• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendation for permanent wall vinyl decal

Cova

I am looking for eco sovlent matt white vinyl for wall decals. I will print to the edge. I try with 3M j20, but after one day there is a little edge curling. I cut 24h after printing. It's not important to be removable adhesive.
I am new in busines, so I would be grateful for advice.

Christian @ 2CT Media

You are going to have issues with edge curl with solvent and full bleed edge cut graphics. If you don't care about permanent adhesive try oracal 3640 or 3M IJ35, both are not designed for walls and they will be aggressive adhesive.

You still may experience edge curl.

Cova

You are going to have issues with edge curl with solvent and full bleed edge cut graphics. If you don't care about permanent adhesive try oracal 3640 or 3M IJ35, both are not designed for walls and they will be aggressive adhesive.

You still may experience edge curl.

Tnx fore response.

I was hoping that curling problem is because IJ20 have too weak adhesive for wall surface. I am not looking for wall designend vinyl becuse it's not available in my country, and as I read on this forum, people also complain on edge curling when prinitng to the edge.

MagnetStew

I have had good results with General Formulations vinyl. Much to choose from. Never had much of an issue with curling.

dlndesign

Do you mind if I ask why you can only order those particular brands? Do you not have access to any others?

splizaat

Oracal 3651 or Oracal 3165...both permanent and will work great if left unlaminated. The only printed vinyl wall install we ever had a problem with was laminated - too thick to grind it into the texture.

In my opinion, there's no reason to use "wall vinyl" specifically for walls if it's a permanent fixture. The only advantage to using "wall vinyl" is that it's removable and/or repositionable without damaging the wall. If it's permanent, save the money and use regular permanent sign vinyl.

Also like mentioned above, give it two or three days before cutting....or a week if it's not a rush. The more time the better.

BESTBLANKS

Sign vinyl for digital printing with eco solvent inks and others

Hello, perhaps we can help.

We carry many different sign vinyls for eco solvent printing.

Please see this page for more info: http://www.bestblanks.com/wideformatdigitalmedia.html
The first product on the page is: FDC 7102 Print Media - 7 Year - Premium Cast, Positionable / Grey Adhesive Vinyl Film. This product features a positionable grey adhesive for ease of application.

If we can be of further help please give us a call 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250

Thanks for your post!

www.BestBlanks.com

Cova

Also like mentioned above, give it two or three days before cutting....or a week if it's not a rush. The more time the better.

I still have no time for testing, but tnx for advice.

I tested few sticker on wall, wooden doors and window glass. It's OK on wooden doors and window, but on wall I have problem with shrinking. Especially in parts with high ink covrege. Maybae I must use some polymeric vinyl?

splizaat

hmmm...we've done heavy black wall prints before to even 3164 and installed to the wall with no issue. Only sat four days before installing.

Drip Dry

If it's not intended to be removed, then why not use some wallpaper paste or contact cement around the edges.
I think I would put it up, then peel back the edge and use the paste.
I think you could use any type of vinyl of your choice

splizaat

On REALLY tall walls, we'll go as far as tucking little tiny staples as far up against the top edge as we can about 12-16" apart. Customer never sees them, and I sleep better at night :)