Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation Needed For Painted PVC Panel

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by jimi, Jun 14, 2012.

1. jimi

jimi New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Routing dimensional letters into pvc panels - outdoor installation. Panels are 3' x 4' w/shape. What paint would be recommended for best coating out 1st with roller. I was going to use 1-shot Chromatic Bulletin but their website cautions that this is intended for short term outdoor only. "Louie" on the 1-shot website says I should use their Lettering Enamel for coating out. This comes in pint containers - expensive way to go! I really need to go the roller rout so any suggestions for paint and roller type (foam best?) are appreciated.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    1shot comes in quarts and gallons as well...I would use a good oil-based primer first

edit: and yes, wooster tiz roller covers (foam)

3. jimi

jimi New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Yes, the 1-shot Chromatic comes in gallons/quarts but 1-shot says not to use Chromatic for long term outdoor - they told me I need to use their Lettering Enamel for this. Looking for an alternate paint to coat out with roller for best results.

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    nah. lettering comes in quarts at the very least. Gallons also IIRC

5. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Just remember that PVC panels warp in hot weather and get brittle when it gets cold!