• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendation on an odorless printer for indoor use

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I went to go check out the 110, why you say no ?

We used a Mimaki for years until it went belly up. Company purchased the HP360. Great, you can laminate immediately after printing. That's the only benefit. I've went into much detail elsewhere on this forum about the pit falls.

1. after months of color testing and media profiling colors are still not where they need to be
2. loading/unloading, although not difficult, very cumbersome compared to Mimaki
3. takeup reel the same. Uses a rod to keep tension on the media. Better have some place to set it aside but handy because you have to insert it after you attach the media to the takeup. Or roll out 8ft of media then attach to the takeup. Wasted material!
4. "Don't have to load from behind" - that wasn't a concern at all in our setup
5. Factor in a cost to have a dedicated electrical outlet installed too. Has to be 220v.
6. vinyls and banner stock jam constantly on loading
7. printing on banner stock? Better used the "skirts" supplied with the HP.
8. WILL NOT CUT BANNER STOCK WITH THE INSTALLED CUTTER. Mimaki did!

We should have opted to spend the $$ on fixing the Mimaki at have the cost. We don't print massive amount of any one media at a time. We change out 5-10 times a day. At least three employees new how to run the Mimaki. Now with the HP only one can do it because of the down time it would take to train others.

Remember the old cars, all you had to do to open the door was lift the handle or push a button (way back). Guess what! Doesn't work that way anymore! You now have 15 steps to do before you can get in.