• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendations - 4x8 sign, 10' in the air, and movable?

mnapuran

Okay... so I have a real estate customer who wants a 4' tall x 8' wide sign, with the top up at 10' off the ground. Either a inexpensive recommendation to mount the sign as requested, or a better option that would be reusable and movable to other property when done at the current property.

Any specific recommendations? Seems at 10' we would want this in the ground more then 2' here in North Texas.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yep, this one is 10' to the top. Assembled on the property. No holes to be dug, so easy to transport.

sled possible.jpg

Yep, this one is 10' to the top. Assembled on the property. No holes to be dug, so easy to transport.

View attachment 131476
I would definitely put some weights on the "outriggers"--wind can easily flip a sign that high up. If the sled is on ground (vs concrete) we use the threaded anchors people put in their yard to tie up their dog's leash. You can buy them at any home center, and they're cheap. Then cable or chain the sign down.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb:

That particular sign has been there quite a few years. We have rebar going down I think 24" or 30" on all four corners. The weight connected with that thing will never fall over and if it does, you'll be having more problems on your hands than a sign blowing over.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Easy to store.

The side cross members come off. The two end upside down Ts come off and one sign with stand will take up maybe a section against the wall 8' wide by 10' tall and stick out about 30". We generally have several of them in the shop for various customers. We're down to one set. Everything is for sale in these parts, with nothing being sold. The countryside is littered with real estate signs around here.

Starter

We also build the sled signs ...but we call them cradle signs. Depending on the size we also build them in pieces to transport. Very popular in this part of the country for property management groups and short term advertising.