• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendations for a good printable matte vinyl?

CropMarks

Hello. I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a GOOD MATTE printable vinyl (eco-sol)? Currently I'm using oracal orajet 3640 which is a economy 3mil stock. The 3640 is ok for cheap signs but what is a good matte stock that looks great when printed? Thanks for any help or suggestions... mike.

gabagoo

I use the General Formulations Matte for Digital and absolutely love it. Nice thick backing paper for easy installs and it prints much nicer than any gloss.

Letterbox Mike

For a good intermediate my vote also goes to the General Formulations 201. It's nothing too high end, but for calendered it's affordable and prints very well.

CropMarks

Thanks for the recommendations... General Formulations is out of Sparta which is about 20 miles away from me. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow. I'll also check on the 3m product, I think advantage sells a lot of their stuff. Thanks again, and if anyone else has a recommendation I will gladly take it. Miked.

speedmedia

How about Oracal 3651? We use this all the time. We print on matte for better color and if final finish needs gloss we just laminate it. You can get it at Advantage as well. Highly recommend it for general purpose stuff.

Thanks,
Kurt

Sticky Signs

Rite media econo matt. Prints great and it's almost 4mil thick so it's easy to apply and it come off pretty god too.
Is that stuff even available in the States?

CropMarks

Kurt, thanks! even better! Since that is a stock that Advantage carries that would be pretty easy to order. They also sell General Formulations but mostly in specialty stocks only (that I can see from their catalog and online site). Thanks!!!

J

john1

I've been using Concept 203 from Fellers and it's VERY good. I use it for all my cut to shape decals as well as window graphics. I used 3651 but found the adhesive to stick the contour cuts together and the Concept 203 is a 5 year vinyl that has a clear adhesive and can be printed with the 3651 profile beautifully.

You can put orajet 210 lam on top of the 203 with no problems too. That's what i do and so far so good! Overall, this is a good vinyl for many uses signs, contour cut decals, window graphics, labels etc

The 203 is the gloss version and the 201 is the matte.