• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Recommendations For An All Around Proof Printer

First things first: I need a desktop printer to produce shop drawings - I know that PROOF printer implies a serious high dollar printer to produce color "proofs" for client review, but I simply used this jargon to differentiate from all the many posts regarding large format/sign production printers. I also would like to mention that cursory searches of this forum did not seem to yield recent answers to this question - also apologies in advance if I did not select the correct forum among the many available forums.

I'm pretty much at the end of life (financial feasibility anyways...) to continue running our Konica Minolta magicolor 7450 - this is a very nice but too expensive version of what I need that prints larger stuff like 11x17 and anything we ever really needed in the way of shop drawings, proofs, client presentation drawings and so on. I think I'd like laser again from the standpoint of overall quality vs. speed vs. price? but I don't really know anything substantial about these things. I can sacrifice printing the larger drawings in house and outsource that type of thing but bottom line - WHAT IS A GOOD ALL AROUND DESKTOP PRINTER FOR SHOP DRAWINGS, CLIENT PROOFS ETC. ETC. ETC. Any advice/experiences/opinions greatly appreciated - I'm sure somebody knows what the sweet spot is on this issue - THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!