Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations for Roll Up Banner Stands

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Old Guard Graphics, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Old Guard Graphics

Old Guard Graphics New Member

Apr 29, 2019
    Athens, ga
    Hi we just recently added an espon s40600 to our shop. Previously the majority of our work is screen printed apparel. We have our fist order for retractable banner stands (33.5 x 96) and need some recommendations for retractable / roll up banner stands. We have an account with Grimco and Reece Supply which both have options, but just wanted to see what suppliers and brands everyone recommends. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Tags:
  2. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    We primarily used the Artistic Picasso (Grimco). Nice mid-range stand. We've since switched to using Drytac Retractable Plus (Reece). It comes in a "hard" case tube and has two top mounting pieces. It doesn't have the side covers like the Picasso, but everything else is about the same, except they're nearly half the price. So we offer the cheaper Drytac and then a nicer Artistic Matisse which we've never actually sold. Everyone has chosen the Drytac. They come in cases of 6 so it makes it really easy to stock a bunch of them.

We also made the choice to stay away from the stands with the retracting pole and much prefer the 3 piece collapsing pole.

3. Old Guard Graphics

Old Guard Graphics New Member

Apr 29, 2019
    Athens, ga
    Thanks for the info, do you mind me asking how much you mark them up? I was thinking 50%

4. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I couldn't tell you how much I mark up the stand itself. I know how much time it takes to print, trim, and mount. I know how much it cost in materials. I know how much I can sell them for. I can say that I make more money selling the Drytac than I did the Artistic. If I was just being a middle man and reselling the stands itself, we'd be anywhere from 20% to 65%.

5. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

6. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    We normally use Showdown Displays for these. To me, an assembled/printed banner display should be around $150 retail out the door. (unless artwork costs need figured in)

7. bannertime

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I'm assuming that's the Value Retractable. It's always a sticker shock when I see their pricing. Like who's out there spending $326 on a retractable banner stand? Is it electric? I don't get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    They have a couple different pricing views available. The pricing that shows up on their website when you're not logged in is the MSRP; not the price that it is to you.

9. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    Reece carries Drytac Media so they should be able to get the bannerstands referred to earlier. Also if you haven't done bannerstands in the past, you may consider subbing out the entire order with the printing to someone like Orbus for your first couple of orders and take a look at the media they use and how the hardware is attached. It's not too bad once you get going, but there is a learning curve to know how to handle attaching the graphic to the leader for the best alignment when it retracts. Also depending on your printer, there are different media options you should consider.
    https://www.theexhibitorshandbook.com/
    Orbus
    CONTACT US

Phone: 866-672-8715

E-mail: info@orbus.com

Address: 9033 Murphy Road
    Woodridge, IL 60517

• Like Like x 1