• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendations for Roll Up Banner Stands

Hi we just recently added an espon s40600 to our shop. Previously the majority of our work is screen printed apparel. We have our fist order for retractable banner stands (33.5 x 96) and need some recommendations for retractable / roll up banner stands. We have an account with Grimco and Reece Supply which both have options, but just wanted to see what suppliers and brands everyone recommends. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

bannertime

We primarily used the Artistic Picasso (Grimco). Nice mid-range stand. We've since switched to using Drytac Retractable Plus (Reece). It comes in a "hard" case tube and has two top mounting pieces. It doesn't have the side covers like the Picasso, but everything else is about the same, except they're nearly half the price. So we offer the cheaper Drytac and then a nicer Artistic Matisse which we've never actually sold. Everyone has chosen the Drytac. They come in cases of 6 so it makes it really easy to stock a bunch of them.

We also made the choice to stay away from the stands with the retracting pole and much prefer the 3 piece collapsing pole.

We primarily used the Artistic Picasso (Grimco). Nice mid-range stand. We've since switched to using Drytac Retractable Plus (Reece). It comes in a "hard" case tube and has two top mounting pieces. It doesn't have the side covers like the Picasso, but everything else is about the same, except they're nearly half the price. So we offer the cheaper Drytac and then a nicer Artistic Matisse which we've never actually sold. Everyone has chosen the Drytac. They come in cases of 6 so it makes it really easy to stock a bunch of them.

We also made the choice to stay away from the stands with the retracting pole and much prefer the 3 piece collapsing pole.
Thanks for the info, do you mind me asking how much you mark them up? I was thinking 50%

bannertime

I couldn't tell you how much I mark up the stand itself. I know how much time it takes to print, trim, and mount. I know how much it cost in materials. I know how much I can sell them for. I can say that I make more money selling the Drytac than I did the Artistic. If I was just being a middle man and reselling the stands itself, we'd be anywhere from 20% to 65%.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We normally use Showdown Displays for these. To me, an assembled/printed banner display should be around $150 retail out the door. (unless artwork costs need figured in)

bannertime

We normally use Showdown Displays for these. To me, an assembled/printed banner display should be around $150 retail out the door. (unless artwork costs need figured in)

I'm assuming that's the Value Retractable. It's always a sticker shock when I see their pricing. Like who's out there spending $326 on a retractable banner stand? Is it electric? I don't get it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
They have a couple different pricing views available. The pricing that shows up on their website when you're not logged in is the MSRP; not the price that it is to you.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Hi we just recently added an espon s40600 to our shop. Previously the majority of our work is screen printed apparel. We have our fist order for retractable banner stands (33.5 x 96) and need some recommendations for retractable / roll up banner stands. We have an account with Grimco and Reece Supply which both have options, but just wanted to see what suppliers and brands everyone recommends. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Reece carries Drytac Media so they should be able to get the bannerstands referred to earlier. Also if you haven't done bannerstands in the past, you may consider subbing out the entire order with the printing to someone like Orbus for your first couple of orders and take a look at the media they use and how the hardware is attached. It's not too bad once you get going, but there is a learning curve to know how to handle attaching the graphic to the leader for the best alignment when it retracts. Also depending on your printer, there are different media options you should consider.
https://www.theexhibitorshandbook.com/
Orbus
CONTACT US

Phone: 866-672-8715

E-mail: info@orbus.com

Address: 9033 Murphy Road
Woodridge, IL 60517