• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

recommended heat guns

my old heat gun is on its last legs and am looking to find a replacement, any suggestions?? i know alot of people use a flame but have always used a heat gun so maybe stick with one of those i guess! been looking in the sign mags, but their are several, anyone got one they would buy again and recommend??

thanks

smdgrfx

I have a Craftsman brand. I only wish it blew a little harder sometimes. But it has 3 main settings. Cold air (no heat) / Low / High - on back of head has dial for temperature adjustment and lights on top to indicate the temperature level that's actually blowing. I've had it for about 10 years. I use flame sometimes, but always find myself going back to the heat gun.

Craig Sjoquist

So what was wrong with the one you have, that you think that others are better ??
Did it last, was it hot enough, or light enough ??? just curious.

i had the other one for about 10 years and is a bosch. its starting to fail every now and again this past week or so and i want to buy a new one. so, i wanted to see what others are using and what brand they recommend before i go out and buy a replacement. since i use a heat gun alot i want something like my old bosch that will last, but would like something that has a digital temp readout this time maybe.

curtrnev

I have a Stienel and a Master Appliance heat gun , about the only differnces are that the Stienel is plastic and Master is a metal cased unit.