• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

recommended media for jv3

projectneon

i am new to mimaki printers and the eco solvent inks, does anyone no a good recommended 5 year media?? and also im trying to move from rasterlink to onyx to begin making my own profiles, am i able to download it anywhere?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The media you choose is not specific to a JV3. Longevity and use will depend on what media you choose to print on. We print tons of 3M 180CV3 but also some other materials as well. Considering Onyx Production House version 10 retails for $5000 and requires a hardware USB key to run I'm not aware of it being a program one can simply download and run.

projectneon

thank you very much for your help! we have been printing on an lgld3920, but being in australia and especially perth its hard for us to get specific vinyls like that, also that 3m being a car vinyl we dont do alot of wraps in are workshop, were more promotional and retail. the last 3m i printed on though no matter what temps i printed the vinyl would crinkle and rub on my heads, didnt matter where i started or how much i pulled out, heating temps being as low as possible not even print worthy, and the lg3920 leaves what we think looks like an oil spill on are print only in certain areas?? and yeah i discovered onyx wasnt available very quickly, thanks for that lol

petesign

3m IJ35c is my promotional vinyl of choice. The comply makes it more forgiving on installs (I can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time), and it's not too expensive.

For really cheap stuff, I use a brightline (Grimco's house brand based on General Formulations) vinyl with black adhesive back and lam with another brightline cheap laminate. Works fine for coroplast signs, etc that aren't expected to last forever.

projectneon

thankyou petesign, i have the ij35 on order! im also looking around for the brightline aswell. appreciate your help thanks mate!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I doubt you will find briteline media there as that is Grimco's house brand and they are a US distributor. As Pete mentioned 3M's IJ35 is an excellent intermediate vinyl. We print a good bit if that as well for flat signs and also have used Arlon 4560 and Oracal 3651 with excellent results. All 3 are intermediate vinyls so not good for curvy surfaces. Also unless for very very short term use all still need to be laminated.

As far as profiles for Rasterlink there are not many options other than the ones you can download from Mimaki. I have no idea how or what software you might need along with a colorimeter to create your own profiles for Rasterlink. We have had a JV3 and now a JV33 and have always used Flexisign Pro which has a color profile creation built in (you still need a colorimeter like and Eye One Pro).

SignaramaFL

As Pete said, I also use the Grimco house brand, Briteline works good for temp type stuff...

Our other media we have is the IJ35C-10, which works really well.

Hope your enjoying your Mimaki, I know I love mine!!! :)