• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recording customer payments, How do you keep track?

J

john1

Hey guys, On the search to get my business actually profitable as well as organized i had a question.

When a customer gives you a payment whether it be credit card, pay pal or check, What all do you keep for proof of that payment? On credit cards i use the square system.

Thanks in advance!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Everything for us is documented in Quickbooks. We keep ALL slips on a monthly basis for CC payments and those are filed to be sure. Paypal can be same thing...print out and and put confirmation # in QB as reference....check # and date...etc. Not too difficult actually. People can make mistakes...so keeping paper records always helps.

tsgstl

Wow dude you have def got a ton of advice off of this place since I have been here. If you give any more bread out for services it should be to Signs101 as a paid member. You have learned more in about 2 weeks than most do in 2 years.
Quickbooks and Signs 101 should be your next money spent. Not in that order

Ps we are old school. Photocopy checks/cash and keep a receipt copy.

J

john1

Thanks guys, I didn't know if recording it in QB was enough or if people were scanning checks, keeping CC company receipts ect

As always, Thank you

Mosh

+++quikbooks, or CASH in hand! I am the worst of not invoicing, in fact I am invoicing stuff tonight for some stuff I did in November. If you don't think about it they won't pay you but you know that is all good, I don't want to seem like I am hard up to be payed. If you do good work you will make your way. Glad I have the work anyways, right? I hate people standing there the second the job is done with their hand out for payment. If you make signs for the money you need to get another job is my point, it is all in the art of of. Price is not the key the art of it is.

cdiesel

Huh??

+++quikbooks, or CASH in hand! I am the worst of not invoicing, in fact I am invoicing stuff tonight for some stuff I did in November. If you don't think about it they won't pay you but you know that is all good, I don't want to seem like I am hard up to be payed. If you do good work you will make your way. Glad I have the work anyways, right? I hate people standing there the second the job is done with their hand out for payment. If you make signs for the money you need to get another job is my point, it is all in the art of of. Price is not the key the art of it is.

Man.. I absolutely love what I do along with everyone on my team, but the bills gotta be paid. There's nothing wrong with being paid or asking <telling> to be paid. You did the work for a previously agreed upon price and you deserve your money.

allamericantrade

And I thought I was bad being almost a month behind in invoicing. Not only that but have to deposit a week worth of checks sitting in the glove box of my truck.

CheapVehicleWrap

Darn it Diesel, get with the program!

Didn't you read? Until you voluntarily have 6 months of outstanding receivables just laying around, you'll never be half the business man His Moshness is.

It's just a fact.

binki

QB but we note on each invoice how it is paid. cc's get the slip attached, check and cash get a note written.