• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recovering a file

allamericantrade

My computer updated and shut off before I saved the last file I was working with and I have it in production manager just not the actual file. Is there any way to recover a file out of PM? I need to make a minor alteration and reprint but it will take hours to resketch the entire from scratch.

Drip Dry

Sometimes when it crashes, the file is there but it doesn't have the
.FS extension. When you use the File>open menu, it's looking for all readable files that have the Flexi extension, so you don't see the file.

FILE>OPEN and select ALL FILES as the file type. You may get lucky and see the file your looking for. You may be able to open it from there. If not, you can rename the file to have the .FS extension (may have to do that from windows) then go back and open it.

visual800

and now go in there and cut all your computer updates off!

always save your work, Im also afraid its back to the drawing board on this one

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Bummer...whenever I'm doing something critical, I like to manually save it every couple of minutes and make new copies as I go. In addition to the file name, I like to include the date and the time so I can go back to any point along the way without a lot of hassle.

Typically, a file name looks like this: 9-15-12_filename_836am (date/name/time)

Each new save only requires changing the time it was saved.

It takes a little work to do, but it sure saves a lot frustration.

JB

S11930

did you actually print a copy in pm and then it crashed. if you set up your pm to save copies of your print jobs you can rt click on the job and click on edit with. i save most of my print jobs in pm just for that reason. also if you dbl click on the job you can re-print and change number of copies to be printed