• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recycled and New table

Best table width for 60" HP Latex printer, voter see results

• 4 feet 48"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 feet 72"

• 8' feet 96"

• Total voters

k_graham

4'x8'_Ez-rect_shelving.jpg I don't know too much about signs, coming from the printing end of the world and only previously using a small vinyl cutter so while I'm waiting on a HP 260, I put this together from some used ez-rect Type 1 boltless shelving I had on hand. If it weren't for my experimentation with modifying the posts buying the plywood would have taken longer than putting it together which is why I like Ez-rect shelving. www.ezrect.com

Instructions on assembly http://ezrect.ca/files/2012/07/Type1AssemblyInstructions.pdf

It consists of 4 major components

1. Post, 30" to 8' or maybe taller (or any increment you want with a a chop saw or hacksaw)
  2. Post connector to 4' Normally the maximum width of shelving
  3. Frame connector 3' , 4, 5, 6, or 8'
  4. Shelf

Current unit is 4 feet x 8 feet using 4' Post connector, 8' Frame Connector

Alternatives to make larger are to either

1. use standard frame connectors to run lengthwise (2" gap at each post which would require bridging and be limited to 4' table width.

2. Use modified posts with slot on both sides to increment width wise with post connectors, which could make that the long direction (which I have done using drill and muffler cutoff wheel, plus file) allowing tables of 4', 5', 6',8' wide in increments of 4' the other direction so a 5 or 6 foot wide table by 8, 12, 16 foot long is feasible if one has the room.

Shelves are 3/4" plywood, with top of 1" plywood, with 1/4" puckboard above that as all was available locally.

Casters could be added but might have to actually weld the steel together which ruins its adjustable nature, currently it has furniture glides.

So given a 60" wide HP 260 actually maybe 61", what width would you make the table given you could add in 4 foot lengths for the length, your choices of table width are 4', 5', 6', or 8' ?