• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recycling ink cartridges?

ProWraps

I have over 100 mutoh empty cartridges. I cant bring myself to polute the landfill with these things. They should be able to be reused. Does anyone know if there is a program to recycle digital print cartridges like you see at an office max or staples for regular ink jet cartridges?

kmdisc

I have over 100 mutoh empty cartridges. I cant bring myself to polute the landfill with these things. They should be able to be reused. Does anyone know if there is a program to recycle digital print cartridges like you see at an office max or staples for regular ink jet cartridges?
Hi
I could use some carts. I am trying to set up an old rj-4000 and have no ink as of yet. I have yet to see this work. It is now looking for ink.
I want to try something with the empty carts. If any you have any for this unit or for rockhopper 38 let me know. Ben

ProWraps

would love to send them to you, but im wanting to just offload all of them. we are past 200+ now, and god i hope someone can recycle these things. i WILL NOT offload them into a landfill.

coyote

Check with your local community colleges or schools. Ours has an ink cartridge drop off box(as well as one for batteries and old cell phones)-they collect them and send them off for recycling. I think the school gets some $ for them which they use to buy supplies. you can also call your local landfill and ask if they will take them for recycling.

dbenec

pro -

may not help with the backlog you have now but to keep up with what you're using....

staples will give you $3 per cartridge up to 10 carts per month.

you get rewards $$ - not cash.

rewards points expire every 2 months so saving up to buy a computer is unlikely.

you can order things from their online store and use the points and free shipping - or present your rewards check at checkout in the store.

that's for a personal account. a business account may allow you to turn in more per month.

as of the last year they accept any brand cart regardless of whether they sell it or not including toner carts.

i googled and found this as well..... they recycled 22 million carts last year - staples has also become more environmentally-friendly by building LEED-certified stores, using recycled paper in their copy centers, offering green consumer products, and investing in clean energy.

genericname

solventcartridges.com

Click on the big "Cartridge Recycling" graphic for a PDF price list with instructions. I believe I saw them post just recently as a merchant member, actually.

We're going to be sending them some of our Mimaki cartridges soon.