• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red and Green Giant

Marco

Requesting your input on the following design. The customer, would like to incorporate the green and red colors into their signage and company image. There are two storefront at this site: EZ Mart and Insurance Co. Office. The Insurance co. will be relocating their office soon thus, would like to maintain the same size sign. I want to concentrate on the EZ Mart sign and also an emc.
EZ Food Market14.jpg

Marco

Thanks for pointing that out shovelhead. We will not do anything to the insurance co. sign other than relocate it.

Joe Diaz

Does it have to be those shades of Red and Green? The reason I ask is because if you were to change the background green to a darker shade, the contrast between the two colors would greatly improve the legibility of your sign there. Then I would thicken the white boarder, but have it contour inward, rather than outside of the red lettering. Then lastly I would rework "food store" It looks like an afterthought and crowds the edges. Work it into the design.

Marco

Update

Still working on it; trying to simplify it a bit. I have to discuss this with the client - I like to remove the "store" text from the sign, so it will read EZ food Mart. They sell more than food here, so I've considered Super EZ... Any font recommendations?

Jillbeans

Green and red together are always problematic.
Either there is not enough contrast or it ends up looking like Christmas.
I think you need to add white as an aid to more legibility.
I would also change the fonts to something bold yet simple.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 144

Pat Whatley

Something is whack about the scale. The LED panel says 4 lines of 10" letters...even though you're only showing three lines. To get 4 lines that panel will have to be at least 48"....and it only scales out to about 36".

Marco

'the giant is killing me'

Thank you Pat. Im having a tough one here; kind of gone blondieeee. The giant is killing meeeee. :frustrated: Any other ideas?

daveb

General Know-it-all
Ah heck, I messed with these at home... might as well throw em out :rolleyes: Don't have a lot of my good fonts on my home computer.

Attachments

• EZ Food MarketDB copy.jpg
    EZ Food MarketDB copy.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 90
  • EZ Food MarketD copy.jpg
    EZ Food MarketD copy.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 150

Marco

Red One

Thank you Dave; I like the one on the right a lot :thumb:.
I just got back in here. I am posting another design. The color scheme as on the original, is an issue. I am reconsidering the red and green theme, might have to scrap it. I will have to discuss this with the client. I don't want a christmas tree, and I didn't see it that way til it was pointed out here (TY guys).
EZ 3.jpg

Marco

New Design

Been working on this one most of the day. 4 colors on the left: red: cold cuts/meats; blue for dairy; green for fruits/veggies; orange for baked goods/breads. I will work on new monument sign soon, most likely will use brick and precast concrete.
EZ 5.jpg

Marco

Recent Design

Just before I hit the sack... didnt want to leave Mart hanging. Made a few changes: fixed light control on EZ letters and added pan face bevel. EZ 6.jpg

Marco

Hey Joe, hiya. You are right Joe, I'm sort of feeling the same way. Don't know where to go with that, however I like what the colors represent. I want to design something with a bit of color, but as you said something is missing here. I'm going to be resizing, and rotating it to see if it works. Joe, I may just do leaves instead of squares ;-)
thanks again Joe.

Marco

New Image - Channel Letters, CMU, etc.

Another design... bit more detail. Channel letters, Metal Back, CMU, etc.

EZ 9.jpg