• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help "Red Blooded American vinyl"

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
I have a customer looking for Red Blooded American vinyl color he has on a Roush Mustang for some stripes to match. Anyone know if that material is available or made just for Roush?

See attached image for example for reference.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

-Kurt

Attachments

• roush.jpg
    roush.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 182

MikePro

most likely a custom color, that you'll have to order multiple rolls to get produced. If I had to do it, I would just go to a dealership with this striping on one of their vehicles and match a PMS# to print/cut.

rjssigns

Get a custom match from an auto paint supplier. Can do acrylic enamel or base clear. They can put it in a spray can or half pints. I used to do it years ago before digital printing. My go to was usually toners to get the shades, fades, etc... Worked a treat.

I agree with Mike Pro. Last time I called about a custom vinyl it was 12,000 square feet minimum. That number is not a typo.

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
The 3M Gloss Red Metallic Color Change Wrap Vinyl is very close as long as there is a color between them or on separate Vehicles.

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
most likely a custom color, that you'll have to order multiple rolls to get produced. If I had to do it, I would just go to a dealership with this striping on one of their vehicles and match a PMS# to print/cut.

I was sort of afraid of that. These cars won't be at a local dealer from what I am told & of course it has metallic in it to complicate matching further!

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
Get a custom match from an auto paint supplier. Can do acrylic enamel or base clear. They can put it in a spray can or half pints. I used to do it years ago before digital printing. My go to was usually toners to get the shades, fades, etc... Worked a treat.

I agree with Mike Pro. Last time I called about a custom vinyl it was 12,000 square feet minimum. That number is not a typo.

I'm thinking thats probably what he'll have to do, I think he is just looking for a simpler solution (of course, right?)

AKwrapguy

I have a customer looking for Red Blooded American vinyl color he has on a Roush Mustang for some stripes to match. Anyone know if that material is available or made just for Roush?

See attached image for example for reference.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

-Kurt

Was just looking at Hexis films. They have a red metallic HX20RGRB that looks pretty close from the images.