• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red box around image

Hollywood

Hey y'all, I haven't been on the form for years. But I've been fighting issue and I'm over it. When trying to open a EPS graphic a lot of times sent by customer it has an outline around it that I can't remove. I can only select the box itself and nothing contained inside of the box to adjust. I am using a very old version of flex sign, 7.6. I cut the image just fine so I know it's vector/EPS but not being able to change the colors of certain things inside of a design is aggravating. I've been doing it the hard way by cutting the image and scanning it back in and cleaning it up. But then certain files I can select everything like I want. Any help please, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7921.jpeg
    IMG_7921.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93

weyandsign

Try arrange->mask->unmask, it might be masked. When you unmask it deselect it then delete the black square on top of it. You may have to unmask multiple layers.

JuanR SSTB

Try right-clicking the object and seeing if there is an unmask option there. On my version of Flexi it is at the bottom of the flyout menu.
Screenshot 2024-09-12 103701.png

weyandsign

You don't have it under the Arrange menu? Keyboard shortcut CTRL+D
Could be your workspace? Goto File menu -> Workspace and make sure you're using Flexi 7 workspace

Last edited:

Hollywood

You don't have it under the Arrange menu? Keyboard shortcut CTRL+D
Could be your workspace? Goto File menu -> Workspace and make sure you're using Flexi 7 workspace
No it's not under the arrange tab. And when I went to workspace I don't see flexiI'm using default which I assume is flexI

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34

Hollywood

Just because it's an eps file doesn't mean it's a vector graphic. What does it look like in wireframe?
It's not just this logo, trust me it is vector because it cuts fine, I can't convert to wireframe because it won't let me do anything with it but cut

weyandsign

Somehow you don't have all the options in Flexi. I guess maybe you don't have the PRO version and those options aren't available? Not sure.

Hollywood

anyone with Flexi Sign willing to try to open this file and see if if they get the red box to go away? This is really frustrating when I cant select words inside the box to adjust sizing or colors