• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red Chrome

danno

Does anybody know where I can locate some red chrome vinyl here in North America? No, it doesn't have to be specified wrapping vinyl.

CanuckSigns

I can't find anything in a chrome red, however, you could use a standard chrome and overlam it with a red from Oracal's 8300 line on transparent films, depending on how much you need.

Avery makes a red chrome wrap film but it is $

dlndesign

This is the Fellers Info.
Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 5.22.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 5.22.05 PM.jpg
Good Luck

danno

Red Chrome update.

Avery has a red chrome available that is 48" wide. There is also product made by Tec that is available. It is 59" wide. Substantial price difference.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I see the note on Fellers site claiming that laws vary from state to state on the use of chrome film. I've heard and read other mentions this multiple time and have even searched some but have yet to find one single thing that quantifies this. If going all chrome on a vehicle would be illegal then that same state would have to ban any full polished stainless big rig trailers like tankers.... I just don't see that happening. You might get some local popo trying to cite you for it but you could easily argue it in court. Unless of course some municipality or government agency does or actually has made a law specifically addressing chrome.

Aside from that, yes the Avery red chrome wrap vinyl or regular chrome and try printing red on top or laminating it with transparent red.

thesignexpert

Why does the Fellers description state "Designed for accent use. Not for full wraps" but all of the photo examples are of the chrome film on full, compound curve wraps?