Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

red drops when i print

Discussion in 'Roland' started by graphicnature, Feb 15, 2007.

1. graphicnature

graphicnature Member

Jan 15, 2007
    ok i have a sp300v and im getting red drops when i print ..anyone ever had this problem or know how to fix it?

Tags:
  2. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    Clean your heads

Step by step in your book

3. graphicoptions

graphicoptions Member

Jan 11, 2007
    I have a mutoh dripping small drops of red ink on my vinyl, what was happening is that the dust collected under the print head like a little dust bunny collecting the magenta ink and every so often the ink would drip of onto the vinyl. I wiped off the bottom of the head and the red drops dissapeared. I hope your problem was as easy as mine.

4. chopper

chopper Very Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Big Lake MN
    it could be that the ink pump is broken that is what happened to mine, put your printer in the clean mode and check the pad on the cap station if it is saturated with ink its your pump, roland has had a problem with these pumps
    just had mine replaced from the same problem the pump breaks on the suction side and cannot pull the excess ink from the capping station // chopper

5. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Actually there is a more thorough set of directions on head cleaning for the Versacamm on printingdigital.net ,check it out, print it out and do it frequently for smooth operation.

http://www.printingdigital.net/

6. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Chopper's got it! I'm pretty sure that's your exact problem. We've had similar. New pumps.. will cure it.

7. Kenny

Kenny Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Texas
    I have this happen when the head picks up a dust bunny or lint from the edge of banner material...a normal cleaning will solve it...if not, look at the other issues posted above.

8. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Clean the head and check your wipers. Have you replaced them lately?