• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red oracal 651 scrap, any way to recycle?

hookandbook

I go through miles of this stuff weekly but in my area the only major recycling set up does paper, cans and plastic bottles and wants nothing to do with my red vinyl. I feel bad just tossing it, is there not a better way? I am from northern California near Sacramento and would even pay to dispose if I knew it was being recycled.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I go through miles of this stuff weekly but in my area the only major recycling set up does paper, cans and plastic bottles and wants nothing to do with my red vinyl. I feel bad just tossing it, is there not a better way? I am from northern California near Sacramento and would even pay to dispose if I knew it was being recycled.

Anything you do with it, from recycling, burning, explosion, or merely tossing it in the trash will have absolutely no effect on anything or anybody. That being the case, do the easiest thing.

m_s_p

Can you give it to a schools art department? I remember in intermediate school we had bins and bins of small scrap colored vinyl. We did a lot of projects with those scraps. :) I give cases of scrap paper to the elementary school in my area and they have brought a few good projects my way.

hookandbook

Anything you do with it, from recycling, burning, explosion, or merely tossing it in the trash will have absolutely no effect on anything or anybody. That being the case, do the easiest thing.

Explosion sounds like the most fun.

Thanks for the advice guys. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something that you guys with the bigger shops do everyday. When customers see the huge sticky balls of weeded material they are usually surprised at the amount of waste and it got me thinking this AM.

Border

I get what Bob is saying...so you donate it to a school and the kids make neat little 'things' with it. Then bring it home. Mom and Dad hang onto the hideous 'thing' for a while out of shear guilt, then eventually throw it right into the same landfill you were trying to avoid in the first place.