• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red Printing Hot Pink

jestoker723

I have a Mutoh VJ 1204 printer. I'm having a problem with red now printing hot pink. Any help would be appreciated.

Haakon

Hot pink as in Magenta? Magenta + yellow = red, so check if the yellow is out/clogged etc. Do a nozzle check print.

jestoker723

I did a nozzle check and the yellow is not printing with the new cartridge. Do I need to soak a cloth and let it set on it first to see if that works?

Circleville Signs

Did you run the last one dry, or was it in the middle of a cleaning cycle when it ran out of ink? If so, and there is SOMETHING coming out of the yellow nozzles, then there's a good chance that you have some cross contamination of your ink lines.

Try doing 3-4 little charges and see if that fixes the problem.

You should be able to remove them from the top of the printhead manifold...

Now I could be wrong about your setup but that covers most printers...Dampers are little ink bladders sitting on top of the printheads

Suck ink into them from where they connect to the printhead (gently now..)

And BE CAREFUL when you pull them off the put them back on the printheads...you can crack the manifold nipple...I learned that one the hard way.