• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reducing Ink Levels in Flexi --HPL25500...Help!!

the graphics co

How do you/can you reduce ink levels in flexi? Is it with the ink output tab and just reducing the percentage in the output?

I am tearing my hair out printing onto some Jetflexx 13oz that continually wants to lift and cause a head strike, but if i reduce the temperature the ink isn't drying, help!

Bly

I don't know Flexi but try increasing the number of passes.
That should give the ink more time to dry in the curing area.

Snydo

Yes, just bring the slider down from the top right corner, but be aware of potentially drastic color change.
I run 13oz. scrim banner material quite often on our L25500 and I use our standard vinyl profile(Oracal 3641) at around 107 C on 10 pass BI-Directional. If you use higher passes I find the vinyl tends to start stretching from too much time in the oven. On 10 pass bi the print speed isnt bad and the quality is perfect for anything being printed on banner. Also I will sometimes, depending on the material, put a foot of space 'leader' in front of the print when I send from the RIP. This will take care of the wrinkling at the beginning of the print.
Good Luck sir.