Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reducing Ink Levels in Flexi --HPL25500...Help!!

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by the graphics co, Aug 3, 2012.

1. the graphics co

the graphics co Active Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Gurnee, IL
    How do you/can you reduce ink levels in flexi? Is it with the ink output tab and just reducing the percentage in the output?

I am tearing my hair out printing onto some Jetflexx 13oz that continually wants to lift and cause a head strike, but if i reduce the temperature the ink isn't drying, help!

Tags:
  2. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    I don't know Flexi but try increasing the number of passes.
    That should give the ink more time to dry in the curing area.

3. Snydo

Snydo Member

May 1, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Yes, just bring the slider down from the top right corner, but be aware of potentially drastic color change.
    I run 13oz. scrim banner material quite often on our L25500 and I use our standard vinyl profile(Oracal 3641) at around 107 C on 10 pass BI-Directional. If you use higher passes I find the vinyl tends to start stretching from too much time in the oven. On 10 pass bi the print speed isnt bad and the quality is perfect for anything being printed on banner. Also I will sometimes, depending on the material, put a foot of space 'leader' in front of the print when I send from the RIP. This will take care of the wrinkling at the beginning of the print.
    Good Luck sir.