• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Refill Epson GS6000 Ink

datoshway

I noticed the refills for the Epson GS6000 are really inexpensive compared to buying a whole new cartridge. Anyone have any ideas on how this works?

CS-SignSupply-TT

EPSON GS6000 refills

I noticed the refills for the Epson GS6000 are really inexpensive compared to buying a whole new cartridge. Anyone have any ideas on how this works?

Thank you for the inquiry. The inks are 3rd party, but the cartridges are RECYCLE/REFILL, similar to the CARTRIDGE WORLD business model. I would be happy to discuss your options.

CS-SignSupply-TT

REFILL yourself?

So we could refill the epson cartridges with 3rd party ink?

Actually, refilling yourself, without the proper equipment (more than just a syringe and some ink) is not likely. Taking the cartridge to Office Depot or Walgreen's will not do it. Participating in a RECYCLE/REBATE program for your empty Epson cartridges and purchasing plug-n-play 3rd party inks is the best option.

By the way, CiberSupply offers just such a program.

GoodPeopleFlags

I'd rather not use 3rd party inks in my Epson but I would like to know about recycling the cartridges. Epson says I can ship them to California on my dime and they're recycle them but I don't get anything out of it except feeling a little full of myself for helping save the planet. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Freese

I too would also suggest not going with a 3rd party ink, especially in the case of the Epson 8 colors.

Too many variables.

C

ColoPrinthead

I would like to know how any of these third party inks have worked for those who tried them. Has anyone switched in a color managed workflow? Were there any differences noticed in color before and after?