• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective 3M in contours without bruising

joelswork

Hey guys, I'm back after a 4 year change of plans! Anyway, I'm doing fleet graphics now but am preparing to do something with my motorcycle. I really want to wrap the rims in black reflective but I know the limits of what I can do now without bruising the reflective material. Any suggestions?

The 3M 680CR is pretty impressive as far as what it will conform to. I can wrap the new Ford tailgates with it and not have any bruising in the deep recesses.

joelswork

I think what we use the majority of the time is 580.... Got some 680 scraps to play with before I drop coin on the black. (By scraps, I mean I could do a couple wheels with it)

jfiscus

Rap Master
IF anything could work it would be 3M IJ680CR. I would do a solvent print and laminate it with a real thin gloss laminate.