• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective aluminum signs

DTP2

Being the Avery Dennison Reflective Division R&D lead developer for the TrafficJet Print System I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. We develop our own inks in house and do very extensive weathering on our products which gives us in depth knowledge about the performance. We fully stand behind our warranties.

shoresigns

This is a 4x4 sign mounted on poles. The top of the sign will be 12’. All text white background. it is on a dark road and is an instruction sign for trucks so it needs to be very readable at night. Will some colors reflect better than others? It needs to last a long time so I would prefer direct print

White reflects better than other colours, so that's a good background choice. If your UV ink is fully opaque, why not just print the text in black? The printed areas don't need any reflectivity if they're black.

unclebun

Thank you for everyone's help. Can you recommend a supplier of .080 painted aluminum sign blanks? Grimco only carries selected sizes.

Thanks
Grimco will custom cut blanks for you. You just have to call and have it quoted as a custom order for you. You could get raw aluminum, powder coated or reflective sheeted custom cut 4x4's.