Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reflective Banner

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Sign.ed, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Sign.ed

Sign.ed Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Houston, Texas
    Looking for a reflective banner media.

preferably a 36"/38" or 63" width.
    Latex preferred but Eco-Sol acceptable
    I am sure double-sided printing is asking for too much, but I do believe in Santa Claus and Unicorns.

I have a customer that was perfectly happy with the boulevard banners were supplying, now she want to up her pizzazz with reflective. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Looks like Oracal had it or has it.

3. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Didn't even know that was around, good to know.

4. Sign.ed

Sign.ed Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Houston, Texas
  5. Sign.ed

Sign.ed Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Houston, Texas
    I guess I'll have to call, it's not easily discoverable on their website at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    The version from oracal is going to be on the traffic side of the business. Made for reflective roll up signs that you can print.

7. studebaker

studebaker Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    I have three 54"x150 ft. rolls of single-sided reflective banner material for eco-solvent or latex ink for sale for $250.00 each plus shipping. Warning... These rolls are HEAVY and will cost a lot for shipping. I will ship it on your account if you would like.

8. Sign.ed

Sign.ed Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Houston, Texas
    Appreciate the offer, but I need to be able to produce 2,500-5,000 sqft printed in a single order. Also my print is 30"x104" so the 54" would generate a lot of waste.

9. studebaker

studebaker Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Anderson, SC

Thank you! It was kind of you to let me know, and not keep me hanging. I wish more of my customers were like that! I have enough material for that job, I just wanted to keep some back for myself. Or you could just talk her into making the job 25" x 104"... Hint, hint... :)

10. Sign.ed

Sign.ed Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Houston, Texas
    We are 7 campaigns in, I think we are out of that stage. Right now we are looking at was possible, so not looking to purchase this second. I'll keep you in mind. I'll bring it to everyone's attention, maybe if they wanna go reflective we can adjust the size for that campaign.

Edit: we run a campaign about every 45 days. 30" x 94" finish size boulevard banners with 3.5" stitched polepockets in Southeast Texas. Also, banners may be reused. Do you think material would be up to it?

11. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I see a lot of that reflective banner material here in China everywhere, it looks great everytime I see it, even during the day it looks good. And the cost per roll is cheap but like said above it's much heavier.

12. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Up here in Arlington they don't allow reflective signage in advertising, but I wouldn't put it past the city to order a bunch of reflective signage anyway. Ha.

13. Sign.ed

Sign.ed Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Houston, Texas
    Our contract is kind of with the city, it's boulevard banners for the two major airports, but that's a good mention. I'll bring that up too.

14. printhog

printhog Member

Dec 15, 2010
    california
    The Oracal/Reflexite material can be ordered in 34" wide rolls as special order for large quantities (5,000 sq ft is in that range). I used it for street banners back in 1999, it is 16 oz/yd (heavy) and one sided, so you have to weld the two sections together back to back, but it worked fine. It is solvent and eco-solvent capable, but I cant speak for latex. It is pricey compared to chinese material ($6 psf vs $1 psf), as its engineered to be a rollup road sign for long term use in harsh conditions and much better optics. Grimco may carry a version of the chinese stuff.. "Optima reflective banner", as they just took over advantage sign supply, and advantage was an optima dealer. But that was a 54" media and was retail at $.78/psf

for double sided, you'll have the glue or weld the faces together, YOU CANT SEW IT - sewing the reflexite type media will cause water incursions into the cells and they will go dark on first rain or dew. It's basically a sheet of microprism vinyl welded to a base vinyl. Has lots of pockets of microprism cells.

Its a very durable material, Ive used this type of reflective for years to make flexible billboard faces - (I invented the first one for Outdoor Sys tems in 1998)..

(c)mega170 (2).jpg (c)mega172.jpg (c)mega184 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Merchant Member

Very interesting thread!

16. Cynosure

Cynosure Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Downers grove
    Advanced out here in Illinois carries a reflective banner material. I believe they were just purchased by grimco a moonth or two back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk