• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective Banner

Sign.ed

Looking for a reflective banner media.

preferably a 36"/38" or 63" width.
Latex preferred but Eco-Sol acceptable
I am sure double-sided printing is asking for too much, but I do believe in Santa Claus and Unicorns.

I have a customer that was perfectly happy with the boulevard banners were supplying, now she want to up her pizzazz with reflective. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I have three 54"x150 ft. rolls of single-sided reflective banner material for eco-solvent or latex ink for sale for $250.00 each plus shipping. Warning... These rolls are HEAVY and will cost a lot for shipping. I will ship it on your account if you would like.

Sign.ed

I have three 54"x150 ft. rolls of single-sided reflective banner material for eco-solvent or latex ink for sale for $250.00 each plus shipping. Warning... These rolls are HEAVY and will cost a lot for shipping. I will ship it on your account if you would like.

Appreciate the offer, but I need to be able to produce 2,500-5,000 sqft printed in a single order. Also my print is 30"x104" so the 54" would generate a lot of waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studebaker

Deluded Artist
Appreciate the offer, but I need to be able to produce 2,500-5,000 sqft printed in a single order. Also my print is 30"x104" so the 54" would generate a lot of waste.

Thank you! It was kind of you to let me know, and not keep me hanging. I wish more of my customers were like that! I have enough material for that job, I just wanted to keep some back for myself. Or you could just talk her into making the job 25" x 104"... Hint, hint... :)

Sign.ed

Thank you! It was kind of you to let me know, and not keep me hanging. I wish more of my customers were like that! I have enough material for that job, I just wanted to keep some back for myself. Or you could just talk her into making the job 25" x 104"... Hint, hint... :)

We are 7 campaigns in, I think we are out of that stage. Right now we are looking at was possible, so not looking to purchase this second. I'll keep you in mind. I'll bring it to everyone's attention, maybe if they wanna go reflective we can adjust the size for that campaign.

Edit: we run a campaign about every 45 days. 30" x 94" finish size boulevard banners with 3.5" stitched polepockets in Southeast Texas. Also, banners may be reused. Do you think material would be up to it?

ChicagoGraphics

I see a lot of that reflective banner material here in China everywhere, it looks great everytime I see it, even during the day it looks good. And the cost per roll is cheap but like said above it's much heavier.

bannertime

Up here in Arlington they don't allow reflective signage in advertising, but I wouldn't put it past the city to order a bunch of reflective signage anyway. Ha.

Sign.ed

Up here in Arlington they don't allow reflective signage in advertising, but I wouldn't put it past the city to order a bunch of reflective signage anyway. Ha.

Our contract is kind of with the city, it's boulevard banners for the two major airports, but that's a good mention. I'll bring that up too.

printhog

The Oracal/Reflexite material can be ordered in 34" wide rolls as special order for large quantities (5,000 sq ft is in that range). I used it for street banners back in 1999, it is 16 oz/yd (heavy) and one sided, so you have to weld the two sections together back to back, but it worked fine. It is solvent and eco-solvent capable, but I cant speak for latex. It is pricey compared to chinese material ($6 psf vs $1 psf), as its engineered to be a rollup road sign for long term use in harsh conditions and much better optics. Grimco may carry a version of the chinese stuff.. "Optima reflective banner", as they just took over advantage sign supply, and advantage was an optima dealer. But that was a 54" media and was retail at $.78/psf

for double sided, you'll have the glue or weld the faces together, YOU CANT SEW IT - sewing the reflexite type media will cause water incursions into the cells and they will go dark on first rain or dew. It's basically a sheet of microprism vinyl welded to a base vinyl. Has lots of pockets of microprism cells.

Its a very durable material, Ive used this type of reflective for years to make flexible billboard faces - (I invented the first one for Outdoor Sys tems in 1998)..

(c)mega170 (2).jpg (c)mega172.jpg (c)mega184 (2).jpg

Cynosure

Advanced out here in Illinois carries a reflective banner material. I believe they were just purchased by grimco a moonth or two back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk