• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective Lettering Lifting

SignsonTime

So the census is the 5600 is no good or other issues are the cause? Just ordered some for a tow truck this week and I have used it before with no calls on truck?!?

lenwardus

Have printed hundreds of thousands of reflective decals for cops
using nikkalite and orocal lam....no issues. Not wraps.
Great price point combination.

Gary1

5600 is a very good reflective. Hard to install over indentations in fenders, and pretac is a nightmare. But it sticks. Problem here, I see, is cheap laminate over excellent film. The laminate would fail before the reflective does. I don't use the Edge sealer pen. Does not apply enough clear, and takes toooo long to apply. I use a lettering quil with one shot clear. I can apply the right amount and it's fast. I had a problem with edge wrapping aq door with Coburn Imitation Gold around door edges. It would lift because it can't take a 180 degree bend. So I sealed it with a brush and One Shot clear and it solved the problem.

deegrafix

For a little fix on the edge of the door like that cut a .3" to .5" pinline out of the best cast laminate you have and run it all the way down the edge of the graphic, wrapping it around the door edge. Do it nice and smooth and it's practically invisible and seems to be well received by customers. Don't stretch it though....