• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective printable banner

mobilwraps

I am located in Canada and have called all of my suppliers looking for a reflective printable banner. and came up with nothing has anyone ever came across this kind of material

i have found a china supplier but contacting them and getting a response has been dragging on and on

thanks all
:Canada:

SignAnnex

We've done some small reflective banners. Overlaid standard pre-grommeted banner material with printed with 3M IJ680CR-10. They held up well for the few months they were in use. Never heard of actual reflective banner material. The 3M IJ680CR-10 isn't as stiff as other non-printible reflectives we have used.

mobilwraps

thats what i have started quoting out i have used the IJ680 in the past and love the material did you laminate as well ? i need them to last 4 months and i have 800 banners to do. its a great project but i want to make sure my end is covered

:)

CheapVehicleWrap

Yeah but as the OP mentioned getting in contact with these people if possible would most likely require ordering a containers worth.

mobilwraps

yes i cant seem to get a hold of anyone but i hope this product does come available or someone knows of how to get a hold of it. would save so much time !

Malkin

Here is their US office, might try a phone call....

Plalight
305-418-2234
7200 NW 19th St Ste 406
Miami, FL 3312

SignAnnex

thats what i have started quoting out i have used the IJ680 in the past and love the material did you laminate as well ? i need them to last 4 months and i have 800 banners to do. its a great project but i want to make sure my end is covered

:)

I didn't laminate, but again they were only up a few months. I would skip the laminate just because of time/cost effectiveness. If a few get damaged you could always replace them. I guess it really depends on the application and your client.

JS

reflective banner

Mobile wraps,

Send me a email with the info on the material from China. I have an office in China as I import 90% of what I use. I can have someone find it for you. I also have shipments coming over all the time so I can bring it in for you as well.

Thanks

Malkin

I wonder what would happen if you got some of that reflective spray paint, sprayed some banner material and allowed to dry as needed, and then load into printer to print your image. I wonder how much it would reflect, and would it hold up for a few months?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I believe it has been discontinued but you may be able to find some around still....

http://www.mutoh.com/products/DiamondShield/DiamondShieldMedia_reflectiveBanner.html

I have a partial roll of it left still and used a couple of rolls a couple of years ago. Stuff prints nice and holds up for six months to a year outdoors. As far as I know it is the only reflective banner that has really ever been available here in the US. Fun stuff but I just never got much demand for it other than a couple of specific clients. Probably have to call Mutoh or call around to some Mutoh dealers to see if you can still grab a roll.

Edit to add - looked close at the box - aside from the Mutoh label it appears they got it from Richxing out of China. You can google

crystal colour grade richlite

and find out more about the material. It is a Diamond grade reflective by the way and is also available as a PSA material.

mikefine

We experimented printing on banner material that reflected, that was introduced to the market about 10 years ago. The product, as many in the sign business, didn't really take off. In theory it was a great idea, but it really didn't work effectively in the field.

It was expensive, and the banner had to be positioned just perfect
to a light source to reflect. (Not easy to do when dealing with a banner.)

We sold a handful of them, but discontinued because most of our customers were frustrated by the extra cost and the typical result-- which didn't reflect strong enough.

Maybe there have been new enhancements to the products. I would be cautious in dealing with this product.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
how about getting someone to screen print 3M reflective ink onto banner stock ? just a thought

Besides line painting down a road, fire plugs or curbing, where does one find reflective paint suitable for painting banners or sign materials...... other than a rattle can.... or a two part application ??