• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective Problems

SignosaurusRex

It doesn't appear that you are having a problem with it pealing on the body panels, only on the glass! Is that correct? If so....scrub the glass area (after you've cleaned the entire window with other cleaner) to receive the decals with a lather of Bon-Ami. Let the lather dry to a film and then wipe it off well. Don't use any cleaners after that. If you want, you could use plan water if your worried about Bon-Ami residue. Then apply your vinyls. Personally, I'd first apply a contoured layer of regular black cast vinyl and add your reflective as a top layer.

Mikeifg

Try cutting some letters out and don't weed them and check the shrinkage after about 24hrs. If it shrinks up a bit it's the material. You might have to cut and then weed it out a day later.

Mike

cabo2010

It doesn't appear that you are having a problem with it pealing on the body panels, only on the glass! Is that correct? QUOTE]

On the other vehicle we did they are saying its starting to peeling in one spot thats on the body.

Been talking back and forth with Oracal and so far they are saying that it is from a car wash.

They tell me neither vehicles have been though a car wash. Thought that also when it happened the first time. Now with it happening again after a few days later when I told him not to take it to car wash I dont think its that.

:frustrated: