Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reflective sign

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Signed Out, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Signed Out

Signed Out Very Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Not looking for a design critique, that is out of our hands. This sign will be installed perpindicular to a busy road. We are going to print it on reflective. Should we overlay the black text with balck cut vinyl? I think it will be hard to read at night if we don't, black seems to reflect back white.

reflective.jpg

Tags:
  2. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    I think I would overlay it.
    And then never admit to making it.
    :)
    Love....jill

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm pretty sure opaque black would get washed out and lost in all of the reflective

4. Signed Out

Signed Out Very Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Was hopping for more responses or a clear cut "definitely ..." Guess I'll stick with my gut, and Jill. Thanks for the responses

5. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Print it all and install it. Your print cost is virtually the same whether you print the whole thing or print it with the black left off.

When it's installed if wash out is a problem you can go back and install black vinyl over the printed black lettering.

I don't think it's going to be a problem, though, and I wouldn't hesitate to have it all printed.

6. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    was out will not be a major issue, if you are worried then rich black those areas