• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

reflective sign

Signed Out

Not looking for a design critique, that is out of our hands. This sign will be installed perpindicular to a busy road. We are going to print it on reflective. Should we overlay the black text with balck cut vinyl? I think it will be hard to read at night if we don't, black seems to reflect back white.

reflective.jpg

Signed Out

Was hopping for more responses or a clear cut "definitely ..." Guess I'll stick with my gut, and Jill. Thanks for the responses

Pat Whatley

Print it all and install it. Your print cost is virtually the same whether you print the whole thing or print it with the black left off.

When it's installed if wash out is a problem you can go back and install black vinyl over the printed black lettering.

I don't think it's going to be a problem, though, and I wouldn't hesitate to have it all printed.

2B

I would just print the whole thing (you can always assign a rich black if you're worried about the opacity) and then not tell anyone you made that sign..... :)

was out will not be a major issue, if you are worried then rich black those areas