Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reflective striping for a fire truck

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by ABPGraphics, Mar 31, 2011.

1. ABPGraphics

ABPGraphics Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I searched in the forums and didnt really find anything

See pics - they want me to do two fire trucks - I have done a bunch in the past for the forest service but they have always supplies there own striping

the vinyl is obviously engineering grade etc.... - my question - the reflective is two layers blue on white ....

Is there a co out there that supplies double layer striping or should I be cutting it myself with my 24" vinyl from fellers using my plotter - each side of the truck will use approx 17' per side each color give or take???

????

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. bayshorecreations

bayshorecreations Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2007
    NJ
  3. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    can either cut it and double-up your materials OR is printing the blue stripe on reflective vinyl an option for you? A layer of ink+lamination would cost way less than extra reflective materials/labor.

...although prints fade, and stock colored reflective will last much longer.

4. ABPGraphics

ABPGraphics Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I can print but prefer not to and the sample truck they brought me I would like to match and that is two layers

5. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    Could just be easier to have your reflective cut-down by your supplier. Having a roll of 6" and 2" (or whatever your dimensions might be) reflective tape could cut your labor in half by avoiding the need to plot/weed/mask/trim before you apply.

snap a line, hinge your stripe and go.