• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective striping for a fire truck

ABPGraphics

I searched in the forums and didnt really find anything

See pics - they want me to do two fire trucks - I have done a bunch in the past for the forest service but they have always supplies there own striping

the vinyl is obviously engineering grade etc.... - my question - the reflective is two layers blue on white ....

Is there a co out there that supplies double layer striping or should I be cutting it myself with my 24" vinyl from fellers using my plotter - each side of the truck will use approx 17' per side each color give or take???

????

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 96

MikePro

can either cut it and double-up your materials OR is printing the blue stripe on reflective vinyl an option for you? A layer of ink+lamination would cost way less than extra reflective materials/labor.

...although prints fade, and stock colored reflective will last much longer.

ABPGraphics

I can print but prefer not to and the sample truck they brought me I would like to match and that is two layers

MikePro

Could just be easier to have your reflective cut-down by your supplier. Having a roll of 6" and 2" (or whatever your dimensions might be) reflective tape could cut your labor in half by avoiding the need to plot/weed/mask/trim before you apply.

snap a line, hinge your stripe and go.