• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective Window Perf

rjssigns

Got a request to bid out 30+ rear truck windows for an emergency service. They want reflective window perf.

I've spent a good deal of time searching the 'net and here and haven't found anything. Except that it's a PITA because it won't lay flat and it doesn't print well.

Besides the only stuff I've found is not recommended for vehicles, is for flat surfaces only and has 1year durability.(Clear-Focus)

Any help, insight, recommended sub, or telling me to run away will be appreciated.

Bill Modzel

Gerber used to make a Gerbervision Reflective for the Edge. It worked well with the transparent foils and I used it for a couple of jobs that were a success both in look and longevity. However, I do not see it in the catalog anymore.

jfiscus

Rap Master
It wont work, we had a request from a large dept near here and got some samples of the clear focus stuff. It didn't work, was not conformable, and had poor visibility.
Also, a lot of the officers commented that when they approached their own vehicles with prisoners inside they wanted to be sure of what they were doing.

Long story short; suggest making some strips like 8"x50" of printed 680 chevrons and run them along the bumper and smaller ones for inside the deck lid when it is open. (I assume this is for a police dept, cause that's who keeps requesting this product here)

rjssigns

I politely refused the job. Client was sent a concise email detailing why it was not a good idea.(talked to 3M about it too) I said I'd rather have them angry with us for not doing the job then having it fail 6 months after installation.

My rep relayed this little nugget: In many municipalities reflective on rear windows is also illegal, although emergency vehicles may be exempt.

MikeD

I wonder if this could be done on clear using Summa's Rose Holographic foil and the vision print concept, where the RIP knocks all the little holes our of the design?