• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

reflective wrap material

trimitbyrich

I am needing to do some reflective wraps for a local municipality. I have seen in various magazines that there is reflective wrap material available out there. I was just needing to know some of the basics ie. have any of you tried it, how does it work, what brand is best, and where could I get it?

jay*doc

I have wrapped with Arlon DPF2400 and it was not bad to work with. Not the easiest to wrap with, but it gets the job done. It doesn't have air egress to it, but it is reposition-able without the typical "bruising" that you get from repositioning other reflective films.

Attached are a few photos of my car that is wrapped with DPF2400 and Laminated with Series 3200 by Arlon.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is my first time posting photos, I believe I did it correctly, forgive me if I did not. This was my interpretation on the photo posting rules...

jay*doc

mzick

3M does offer a reflective material that does have the air egress feature. The material is very plyable w heat...perfer a heat gun over a torch on this one....but you can discolor the material if not careful.

jay*doc

mzick, I have not yet worked with the 3M, how is it as far as repositioning? I was surprised how well the Arlon did, I remember trying to reposition other white reflective striping materials and it turning black in spots.

x2chris7x

Jay, still with Fellers, or moved on to other things? I met u in tulsa the summer before last, at the wrap class...

jay*doc

Yep, still here. Out of everyone you may have met, I am the only one left. Stuart is still here too, if you came through when he was teaching, he's in sales now.

trimitbyrich

I have a police car that needs to be wrapped and I know they would love to have one done in reflective. Any suggestions which one to choose?

jay*doc

:doh:

Well, like I said, the Arlon DPF2400 works well. Others have recommended 3M and Nikkalite. It depends on your price point and what your suppliers carry.

If you need the easiest reflective wrap film, I'd go with 3M because it has air egress, but if you are comfortable with wrapping, I'd try the Arlon.

Good Luck!

cptcorn

adad
3M hands down, especially when it comes to reflective, nothing reflects as good as 3M's media.

I've used Oracal and it's alright.

cptcorn

adad
My Brother's racecar he built. I did this with Oracal 5100 if I remember correctly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• img_4800.jpg
    img_4800.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 119
  • img_4804.jpg
    img_4804.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 136

kstompaint

We use the Nikkalite all the time for other applications and it's great stuff. I have to say I think it would be very difficult to wrap contours with. I haven't used it, but the 3M sounds like the best route for such a project due to the air egress (and most 3M stuff is very repositionable).

AllSquare Jason

What else can I use to wrap a dirtcar with in a reflective vinyl?

+2 for Nikkalite for your dirt car - flat sides, no compound curves....the media is priced to sell and prints great. Its the only reflective I stock. We carry it in 50' rolls, both 48 & 30" widths.

If you really want the reflective to 'pop'....use an optically clear laminate.

+2 for Nikkalite for your dirt car - flat sides, no compound curves....the media is priced to sell and prints great. Its the only reflective I stock. We carry it in 50' rolls, both 48 & 30" widths.

If you really want the reflective to 'pop'....use an optically clear laminate.

Link on your site please! I cant find it

miltondavis

3M IJ680i with comply
Expensive but the best IMO
I think 48" is largest size for the material?
Very thick after laminated, careful when stretching too much..