Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reflective Wraps

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by Creative Soul, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Creative Soul

Creative Soul Member

Jun 14, 2008
    I have a customer asking about reflective wraps. He sent pictures where some of the lettering AND graphics are reflective at night. How is reflective printed like this?

Thanks for any help.

Stephen

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    They make air egress reflective vinyl.

3. Creative Soul

Creative Soul Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Gino, you can print on it? Can you tell me what brand makes this?

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    OraCal and 3M. There could be others, but those are the tow I've used. Yes, you can print on it.

5. laserman70

laserman70 Very Active Member

Dec 25, 2007
    usa
    IJ680CR-10 by 3m

6. Creative Soul

Creative Soul Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Perfect.....I will talk to my materials rep. Thanks guys!

7. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    It is pretty expensive but you get what you pay for. I have seen some awesome results if it is used right.

8. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    Recommend using plenty of Primer94 if you go with the 3M, but NOT with the Oracal...

9. Creative Soul

Creative Soul Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Difficult

Is it much more difficult to install? Is it generally done in just spots or suitable for a full wrap? Any input appreciated.

In the samples the customer sent (found on web) the vehicles show just part of the wrap in reflective the the rest looks like it might be normal reflective material.

Stephen

10. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Ours were all partial wraps. No problems on our end.... or the media. Like mentioned, it's always about the costs. Almost all of ours were police cruisers and various emergency vehicles.

11. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    3M makes the reflective with air egress but it does show the channels like the original IJ180. Oracal to my knowledge does not make an air egress reflective, but does have it in a cast. Both are thicker vinyls, so you have to be careful on compound curves, it will not conform as well as like a normal wrapping vinyl like 3751. Also with wrapping with reflective be careful if you have to pop it loose, sometimes it can cause bruising. Overall it is more difficult that a normal wrap, but if you have the basic understanding of vehicle wraps, and the material limits it is definitely do able, and looks great at night.