• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reflective Wraps

Creative Soul

I have a customer asking about reflective wraps. He sent pictures where some of the lettering AND graphics are reflective at night. How is reflective printed like this?

Thanks for any help.

Stephen

Gino

Premium Subscriber
OraCal and 3M. There could be others, but those are the tow I've used. Yes, you can print on it.

Creative Soul

Difficult

Is it much more difficult to install? Is it generally done in just spots or suitable for a full wrap? Any input appreciated.

In the samples the customer sent (found on web) the vehicles show just part of the wrap in reflective the the rest looks like it might be normal reflective material.

Stephen

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ours were all partial wraps. No problems on our end.... or the media. Like mentioned, it's always about the costs. Almost all of ours were police cruisers and various emergency vehicles.

3M makes the reflective with air egress but it does show the channels like the original IJ180. Oracal to my knowledge does not make an air egress reflective, but does have it in a cast. Both are thicker vinyls, so you have to be careful on compound curves, it will not conform as well as like a normal wrapping vinyl like 3751. Also with wrapping with reflective be careful if you have to pop it loose, sometimes it can cause bruising. Overall it is more difficult that a normal wrap, but if you have the basic understanding of vehicle wraps, and the material limits it is definitely do able, and looks great at night.