Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reformatting computer, need to make a backup of color palette in Corel

Discussion in 'Corel' started by KPC, Jun 9, 2007.

1. KPC

KPC Member

Aug 24, 2006
    CorelDraw 12.

Going to be reformatting the computer this week and need to save the directory that contains my custom color palette. But I have no idea where to find this file and couldn't find the answer in the Corel help section. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Tags:
  2. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003

program files/corel/languages/en/custom data/palettes

:signs101:

3. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Your the man Shovelhead!

4. KPC

KPC Member

Aug 24, 2006
    I opened the mentioned directory and see all of the factory presets but I don't see the custom palette.

I would like to backup the palette because it has many spot colors and the cutcontour color for my printer/plotter.

In the past when I reformatted, i always rebuilt the palette from scratch and that takes a bit of time. I'd much rather just back up the file to a CD and after reinstalling the Corel software, just replace the file from the CD to the computer hard drive and be done.

More information on the location of the custom color palette is appreciated.

5. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Did you save the pallet? If so what did you name it?

6. KPC

KPC Member

Aug 24, 2006
    found the answer to my problem and wanted to share it for others who search down the road.

C:\Documents and Settings\Name\Application Data\Corel\Graphics12\User Custom Data\Palettes

There should be at least 3 files in this folder

userinks

CORELDRW

CORELPNT

by saving these 3 files, then reloading them to the computer after reinstalling Corel after formatting, you should have all of your custom colors usable once again.